MUNICIPAL WASTE: U.S. Headlining Tour (ATL: Nov 7)

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Richmond, Virginia crossover act MUNICIPAL WASTE will embark on the "Waste The World Tour 2009" in November. Providing direct support on the trek will be GOATWHORE from November 6 to November 16; THE ACCUSED from November 18 to December 3; and BRUTAL TRUTH from December 4 to December 11. Appearing on all shows will be PHOBIA and CAULDRON.

Commented singer Tony Foresta: I'm really excited to finally get back on the road and do a full headlining WASTE tour in the states. It's been a really long time since we've done on our own headlining run and I think it has been long past due. People should expect a far more rowdier gig then the ones we've played while opening for bands. I'm looking forward to trashing venues all over the states. I'm also really pumped about the bands on this tour. It is going to be one to remember!"

The dates are as follows:
11/06 - Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11 Tavern
11/07 - Atlanta, GA @ Drunken Unicorn
11/08 - Orlando, FL @ Backbooth
11/09 - Tampa, FL @ State Theater
11/11 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
11/12 - Austin, TX @ Red 7
11/13 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Conservatory
11/14 - Denton, TX @ Rubber Gloves
11/16 - Tempe, AZ @ Clubhouse
11/18 - San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
11/19 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
11/20 - Anaheim, CA @ Chian Reaction
11/21 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s
11/23 - Portland, OR @ Satyricon
11/24 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
11/25 - Bellingham, WA @ Wild Buffalo House of Music
11/27 - Edmonton, AB @ The Starlite Room
11/28 - Calgary, AB @ The Warehouse
11/29 - Winnipeg, MB @ Pyramid Cabaret
12/01 - Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock
12/02 - Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
12/04 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
12/05 - Cleveland Heights, OH @ Grog Shop
12/06 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
12/07 - Montreal, QC @ Foufounes
12/08 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium (Upstairs)
12/09 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
12/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church

Already got my ticket...can't wait :kickass:

I'd like to go but unfortunately it's on the same night as Brave. I've seen Municipal once, and Brave never, so I decided on Brave.

CAULDRON is a very good HM band from Canada...highly recommend you guys grabbing their Chained to the Nite cd...got mine from CMDistro i think

Cauldron are worth it for me. I am hoping they hit Chicago on this tour. There is still a week not announced....and to add more gravy....THE ACCUSED are also on this tour for a few weeks.

CAULDRON is a very good HM band from Canada...highly recommend you guys grabbing their Chained to the Nite cd...got mine from CMDistro i think
It is for this reason that I'm bummed about this tour not coming to MD/DC/VA. I just saw CAULDRON last night with ENFORCER (kick-ass Sweedish thrash metal!) and they were awesome! The guys were all super nice and they mentioned to me this upcoming tour w/ MW. I had really hoped they would make it back to Baltimore. The production on Chained to the Nite is not the best, but it is a really good and fun album, especially if you enjoy that classic 80s heavy metal sound. :headbang: Highly recommended!

Also, I thought I heard somewhere that the singer/bassist from Cauldron was also the nephew of Lips from Anvil. I forgot to ask him last night. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'd like to go but unfortunately it's on the same night as Brave. I've seen Municipal once, and Brave never, so I decided on Brave.

well fortunately for you, there is no decision to be made. We have had to postpone the Brave/Division show at the Local Venue to an undetermined date in the early Spring of 2010. So have fun at the Municipal Waste show.

well fortunately for you, there is no decision to be made. We have had to postpone the Brave/Division show at the Local Venue to an undetermined date in the early Spring of 2010. So have fun at the Municipal Waste show.

Well damn. But yeah, at least I have a back up plan for that night now haha.

It is for this reason that I'm bummed about this tour not coming to MD/DC/VA. I just saw CAULDRON last night with ENFORCER (kick-ass Sweedish thrash metal!) and they were awesome! The guys were all super nice and they mentioned to me this upcoming tour w/ MW. I had really hoped they would make it back to Baltimore. The production on Chained to the Nite is not the best, but it is a really good and fun album, especially if you enjoy that classic 80s heavy metal sound. :headbang: Highly recommended!

Also, I thought I heard somewhere that the singer/bassist from Cauldron was also the nephew of Lips from Anvil. I forgot to ask him last night. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

that show was supposed to be here tonight...but got cancelled, guessing noone bought any tickets...oh well

that show was supposed to be here tonight...but got cancelled, guessing noone bought any tickets...oh well
There were probably only 30-40 people at the show in Baltimore. It was booked at a rather small venue and still wasn't packed. $8 for a great metal show on Saturday night. You couldn't beat it with a stick! :headbang: I just don't think it was promoted very well. I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for my friend Ruby. Small crowd though it was, the fans (and bands) had a great time though!

The show in Chicago was the first on the tour and booked in a very small room which is really only known about people who really follow thier stuff. There was about 60 people there too. It was one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. Now with them opening for Municiple Waste...they will exposed to a much larger crowd....curious to see how they go over. I would love to see a retro-NWOBHM - trad metal tour start up with Enforcer / Cauldron / White Wizzard / Metal Inquistator / Metalucifer. That would be sweet.

I tried to get this tour in a VA venue. Didn't work out.

Cauldron are worth it for me. I am hoping they hit Chicago on this tour. There is still a week not announced....and to add more gravy....THE ACCUSED are also on this tour for a few weeks.

I just saw that this was announced for Minneapolis on the local venue's website. Show is December 1st. Looking at the routing, I'm guessing Chicago will get the show on December 2nd or 3rd. These would be dates that include The Accused.

I love the fact there are young bands playing NWOBHM inspired trad metal. It's a shame though that the long running traditional metal bands will still get no well deserved exposure.... :(

I saw the Enforcer/Cauldron tour in Raleigh for free. There is a hole-in-the-wall place appropriately called the Dive Bar that has free show. I would've paid though. I've been into Enforcer ever since their involvement on the Speed Kills compilation. There were only about 40 people there, but the energy the bands played with was awesome. I hope more shows like this come this way.

ALL Dates

11/06 - Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11 Tavern
11/07 - Atlanta, GA @ Drunken Unicorn
11/08 - Orlando, FL @ Backbooth
11/09 - Tampa, FL @ State Theater
11/11 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
11/12 - Austin, TX @ Red 7
11/13 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Conservatory
11/14 - Denton, TX @ Rubber Gloves
11/16 - Tempe, AZ @ Clubhouse
11/18 - San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
11/19 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
11/20 - Anaheim, CA @ Chian Reaction
11/21 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s
11/23 - Portland, OR @ Satyricon
11/24 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
11/25 - Bellingham, WA @ Wild Buffalo House of Music
11/27 - Edmonton, AB @ The Starlite Room
11/28 - Calgary, AB @ The Warehouse
11/29 - Winnipeg, MB @ Pyramid Cabaret
12/01 - Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock
12/02 - Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
12/04 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
12/05 - Cleveland Heights, OH @ Grog Shop
12/06 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
12/07 - Montreal, QC @ Foufounes
12/08 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium (Upstairs)
12/09 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
12/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church

This show was awesome by the way. One of my top for the year. Circle pits, boogie boards, people hanging from the rafters (either by their hands or feet).