Music that sounds like Opeth?

DaCool

New Metal Member
Jan 22, 2002
Visit site
I'm curious if there are some groups that do music (good music, not some crap) that sounds like Opeth?

I really like Opeth style so it would be pretty nice if there were some or at least one group out there in the world who makes that kind of music.

//Moi! :)

other bands that are as dark and talented as opeth that don't have singers i'm going to laugh at or just not be able to stand listening to. i know opeth can't be just labeled death or prog, cuz they've got a lot of different styles within their own style and can't be nailed down to any particular label. i've checked out a couple of bands that are mentioned in this forum and couldn't even finish listening to the song cuz their singer was so bad. so, lets start there, comparable vocalists with comparable musical talent and ability! are there any?

Thanks for some examples.... I'll check some out..
But I'm pretty sure that none of them can be such as good as Opeth! :)

Originally posted by DaCool
Thanks for some examples.... I'll check some out..
But I'm pretty sure that none of them can be such as good as Opeth! :)
thats why i didn't list them, i thought they sucked even though some of the music was ok, once the singer opened his trap i lost all interest. i know naming names would probably piss some people off and i'm trying to avoid premature argulation until i've been here for a few and i know what i'm getting myself into! but also, the bands i listened to, i know nothing about. so before i say anything (they may have different singers now) i wanna make sure i know (or at least think i know) what i'm talking about. always a wise thing to do!