Need- Orvam: A song for Home (aka "a F*cking Amazing Disc")

Bringing this thread back alive just in case someone else needs to find the bandcamp link to get this amazing music for the show. I wanted to have all the albums that are going to be done in their entirety, so this completes that collection! Can't wait!

I will be with everyone else up front for these guys.. I'm late to the listening party but holy crap Orvam is a bloody well fantastic disc!!!!
:kickass:

^^^THis is solidly my album of the year, with countrymates Psycrence closing the gap. Here's what I don't understand, and someone feel free to educate me on the inner workings of the biz, but how does a band as talented as this with such a badass album and a sweet gig at Progpower NOT have US distro/label interest? And, it's not just the states, this album, aside from downloads, isn't really available outside Greece unless going through the band. I just can't grasp how that happens. Does the Greek economy play a factor? I know the music business is tough and often unfair, but damn. Perhaps their performance will change minds next month.

"There IS no FU-ture for us..."

Oh, the fists will be pumping and the hair will be flying next week... :headbang::headbang::headbang:

And now I'm gonna have to pack even *more* Kleenex. Was planning on bawling through "Mercy Falls" and "Streets", but damned if "Orvam" isn't so freaking epic that it makes me weep. :cry:

Hey, if anyone wants the lyrics sheet for the album to really, really learn the songs for next week let me know. There were a couple of lines I was unsure of, but now it's all clear. What's also crystal clear to me is nothing will top Orvam for me this year. In fact, nothing has topped Orvam for me in the last five years. It's that damn good to me.

And now I'm gonna have to pack even *more* Kleenex. Was planning on bawling through "Mercy Falls" and "Streets", but damned if "Orvam" isn't so freaking epic that it makes me weep. :cry:

tissues.jpg

Graphic credit: Diabolique (Stephanie)

I finally got to listen to NEED's earlier albums, "Siamese God" and "The Wisdom Machine". Both are excellent excellent heavy metal. I'm telling you these guys have never played mellow tunes. I'm hoping they play some of their older material as well as music from Orvam.

Be sure to seek out their older CDs in the merch area quickly because the supply simply cannot not last long. Its that good.

@Diamond45 - LOL!
@Random Axe - Would love to see a lyric sheet for Orvam. Have looked online to no avail! I purchased a digital copy; am now wishing I'd had the patience to order a CD instead.

If you go to the official youtube channel, the band has posted all the songs from "Orvam". In the description below you'll find the lyrics.

Well, if it comes out in vinyl, then I guess a lyric sheet inside would be more than welcome (anybody listening?)

Give the boyz a big welcome there in Atlanta and get ready for goosebumps when the title track arrives.

If you go to the official youtube channel, the band has posted all the songs from "Orvam". In the description below you'll find the lyrics.

Well, if it comes out in vinyl, then I guess a lyric sheet inside would be more than welcome (anybody listening?)

Awesome - just found it. I had previously looked on YouTube, but must not have been on the "official" channel.

I always love lyrics with CDs, even though I need a magnifying glass to read them. :)

Can't wait for tomorrow! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator: