Nevermore at Ozzfest??

GabrielKnight

The Beast Within
May 31, 2002
New York
Visit site
This might be just bullshit, but someone posted a message on Lacuna Coil forum with supposed schedule for the Ozzfest in Camden, NJ. The thread is here, but I'm copying what he posted to save you trouble...

I don't know if this is trure or not. Some guy who knows a guy who works for the venue says they have the full line up and schedual already......here it is

SECOND STAGE
BLEEDING THROUGH 9:25 AM
NEVERMORE 9:50 AM
HIMSA 10:15 AM
ATREYU 10:40 AM
SKRAPE 11:05 AM
UNEARTH 11:30 AM
APARTMENT 26 12:00 PM
LACUNA COIL 12:30 PM
GOD FORBID 1:00 PM
EVERY TIME I DIE 1:30 PM
OTEP 2:00 PM
LAMB OF GOD 2:30 PM
HATEBREED 3:00 PM
SLIPKNOT 3:50 PM

MAIN STAGE
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY 4:30 PM
SUPERJOINT RITUAL 5:00 PM
DIMMU BORGIR 5:45 PM
SLAYER 6:50 PM
JUDAS PRIEST 7:55 PM
OZZY OSBOURNE 9:00 PM

Edit: Camden, not Holmdel, NJ... Philly area, not NYC. Didn't read the guy's post carefully, duh!

i see 4 good bands: priest slayer dimmu and nevermore
so generous a 25 minute set
fuck ozzfest ill go at 9 for nevermore try and meet the guys and leave an hour later

metalskater7 said:
fuck ozzfest ill go at 9 for nevermore try and meet the guys and leave an hour later
No shit... that thing has gone to crap. 1999 had way more to offer in my mind (last one i went to, and probably ever will go to). I just don't think it's worth the price anymore. I've already seen Slayer, Dimmu, and Nevermore live... and though I wouldn't mind seeing Priest, there are others I'd rather see. I'm not paying fucking $60+ just to see a few bands. I don't even like Dimmu live.

GAH! Why don't they go back to a full set of amazing bands and NOT let bands like Skrape and Shitknot overshadow the good ones.

DarkNoise said:
GAH! Why don't they go back to a full set of amazing bands and NOT let bands like Skrape and Shitknot overshadow the good ones.
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 20, 2004 - "The day OZZfest comes to town is the best day of summer for hardcore fans of hard rock and metal music. They know they're getting value beyond what they paid for." So says OZZfest founder Sharon Osbourne. "The music starts at 9:30 a.m. and doesn't stop until Ozzy leaves the stage at 11:00 p.m. What they get is 20-plus bands, 13 and a half hours of non-stop music on two stages, and enough rock insanity to last them until the next year for about the same amount they'd pay to get into [Six Flags] Magic Mountain. And seeing Ozzy onstage is a better ride than any fucking rollercoaster."

Indeed, it's the attention to its fans that makes OZZfest so popular - it was recently voted the "#2 Tour of 2003" by the readers of Rolling Stone. In fact, fans helped choose the second-stage acts for OZZfest 2004, with more than 65,000 responding in the first weekend to a poll at www.ozzfest.com. Ozzfest.com will be the site to purchase the best Ozzfest tickets first. OZZfest is truly unique in that the fans speak, and the festival listens.

Plus the fact that I like Slipknot I think Ozzfest kicks ass, But I will say it's fucking exspensive.

metalskater7 said:
It's not even a 25-min set! I don't know how quick the equipment chageover is at this kind of events, but they'll need 5-10 mins, so that leaves them with a 15-20 min set. So most likely they'll be playing like... 3 songs.

Ozzfest this year actually doesn't look that bad, add Lacuna Coil to the list of good bands :D

And yeah, you are not alone, there are more metalheads in NY! :headbang:

-GK

GabrielKnight said:
It's not even a 25-min set! I don't know how quick the equipment chageover is at this kind of events, but they'll need 5-10 mins, so that leaves them with a 15-20 min set. So most likely they'll be playing like... 3 songs.
Actually, the set up time is about 5 - 10 min. Last year shadows fall and KSE played at least 7-9 songs. I had a good time except for how exspensive it was.