JayDubya

Feb 11, 2002
Pell Lake, WI
Visit site
On another list I'm on, someone sent this in:

My great great friend Gus Monsanto is the new singer for Adagio :-D

After reading the news about David Readman's departure almost a month ago, I
told him to give it a try and lo and behold he earned the position!!! I'm
so fucking happy for him. It's almost a month that I'm holding my tongue...

Gus Monsanto, is a hard working brazilian, and played and sung in several
bands, including two bands with me :-D. He also sung on an upcoming Dream
Theater Tribute where we played Caught in a Web...

All you people attending Prog Power, welcome him ;-) he is one of coolest
guy I ever met, great person, great frontman, great singer and composer, and
above all - a 100% buddy.

I wish him only the best !

Congrats DUDE !! You ROCK !!

I wish I had some samples to check out.......
IMO< Readman will be missed no matter WHO takes his place, but I'll be more than happy to give the new guy a chance......

J-Dubya

I too will give the new guy a fair shake, but, being a big Readman fan, he's got some high expectations to live up to. I hope he delivers the goods, because Adagio was one of the bands that I was really looking forward to seeing the most.

If it depends on me and the other Brazilian fans that will be attending ProGPower, he's gonna get the greatest reaction possible!

I can't deny that I'm proud of the great musicians that come from my country, and I'm really happy with his achievement! Can't wait to see the result now!!

I think the biggest band this guy ever sung on was Portrait.. They were fairly big in the brazilian underground... =)
I saw them opening for Blind Guardian in 98... But I am not sure if he was the singer at the time... But whoever sung in that concert kicked major ass...

ok, researched portrait, found they have a cd that came out in 1998 called "voices" but according to Metal-Mayhem in CT who has the CD, he's not the singer on that disc... I was all set to buy it at another place I found that actually had the cd. The hunt continues, this is fun.