New Amaranthe

WorldOfSilence

New Metal Member
Nov 4, 2017
Amaranthe have released the first single "365" off their fifth album.

http://loudwire.com/amaranthe-365-video-new-song/

Good - its heavier than Maximalism. Reminds me most of Mechanical Illusion.

Bad - its nothing particularly new or ground breaking. It would be nice after four identical albums for them to evolve their sound a little. Its also pretty much an Elize song. Remember when Amaranthe used to have three vocalists?

Amarnthe still has 3 singers. They added the guy from Dynazty as the male clean singer.

Amarnthe still has 3 singers. They added the guy from Dynazty as the male clean singer.

He sings about three lines in the new song. Elize has gradually been taking more and more of the singing, which is a shame because the three vocalist dynamic was one of the best part of their early albums. I suspect Elize is pushed for reasons beyond just her singing ability.

AMARANTHE TO RELEASE HELIX ALBUM IN OCTOBER; DETAILS REVEALED

"...With their electrifying fifth album Helix due out October 19th through Spinefarm Records and armed with new singer Nils Molin, Amaranthe take another leap forward in their sonic evolution...."

amaranthcdaug18.jpg

Sounds good - I kinda like that Elize is taking the spotlight. I love her voice and wish she would have some solo songs.

<menonfilm>
HATED IT
</menonfilm>

I mean c'mon! This sounds NOTHING like Amaranthe! I agree with the whole "remember when they had 3 vocalists" thing. That's what I loved about Amaranthe. It was unique. This, sounds like every other garbage djent band out there (...and I LIKE djent!).

"Hey, let's catch new ears.
Ok, how?
What's all the other hot bands doing right now?
Tuning their guitars to Rb
Ok, let's do that too!"

Ugh! Sounds like shite! I sure hope the entire album doesn't sound like this. I was happy that Maximalism didn't entirely sound like "That Song" so I'm hoping for the same here.

Eh, I felt Amaranthe ran out of ideas a couple of albums ago. While the three vocalist idea is cool, they don't really do anything interesting with it. It just feels like they fall into the same patterns.

First, the albums do not all sound the same. Elize is taking on more and more of the vocals, but that's fine because she's become the attraction. I realize that metal fans probably aren't getting 100% of what they want from this band because they have a broader audience, but what they are doing is helping to grow that broader audience. My favorite album is still the Nexus, but until they decide to get rid of guitars and sound like Selena Gomez I'm all in.

First, the albums do not all sound the same. Elize is taking on more and more of the vocals, but that's fine because she's become the attraction.

She's become the attraction? She's been the attraction since she was dancing on stage for Kamelot at ProgPowerUSA.

Reactions: Kez
Last edited:
AMARANTHE ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2020 WITH SPECIAL GUESTS BATTLE BEAST, SEVEN SPIRES

"...Amaranthe have announced their North American tour 2020. The 37-date trek will kick-off at the Soundstage in Baltimore on August 20 and will make stops in Chicago, Vancouver and Denver before concluding on October 2 at the Riverfront Live in Cincinnati, OH. Joining the band on the tour are special guests Finnish heavy metallers and label-mates Battle Beast, as well as Boston symphonic metal band Seven Spires....
"

AMARANTHNATOUR1119.jpeg

August
20 - Soundstage - Baltimore, MD
21 - The Palladium (MA) - Worcester, MA
22 - The Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY
23 - Theatre Of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
25 - Club Soda - Montreal, QC
26 - Imperial de Quebec - Quebec City, QC
27 - Mavericks - Ottawa, ON
28 - MOD Club - Toronto, ON
29 - The Eclectic Room - Angola, IN
30 - Token Lounge - Westland, MI

September
1 - Concord Music Hall - Chicago, IL
2 - Apollo Theater - Belvidere, IL
3 - Wooly's - Des Moines, IA
4 - The Cabooze - Minneapolis, MN
5 - Park Theatre - Winnipeg, MB
6 - The Exchange - Regina, SK
8 - The Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
9 - Dickens - Calgary, AB
11 - The Venue - Vancouver, BC
12 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
13 - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, OR
14 - Holy Diver - Sacramento, CA
15 - Brick by Brick - San Diego, CA
16 - Whisky a Go Go - West Hollywood, CA
18 - Club Red - Tempe, AZ
19 - Backstage Bar and Billiards - Las Vegas, NV
20 - Liquid Joe's - Salt Lake City, UT
21 - Bluebird Theater - Denver, CO
23 - Trees - Dallas, TX
24 - Come and Take it Live - Austin, TX
25 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
26 - House of Blues - New Orleans, LA
27 - House of Blues - Lake Buena Vista, FL
29 - Rt 20 - Racine, WI
30 - The Crafthouse - Pittsburgh, PA

October
1 - The Underground - Charlotte, NC
2 - Riverfront Live - Cincinnati, OH

AMARANTHE LAUNCH "CALL OUT MY NAME" DRUM-CAM VIDEO AHEAD OF NORDIC HELIX TOUR 2019

AMARANTHE RELEASE "GG6" MUSIC VIDEO