New Avantasia DVD released! Awesome!

Just got my set in the mail today!

Ordered the "limited edition" 2 disc dvd/cd set from ebay for $30 total.

I know lots of people are afraid of ebay, but it looks (and works) perfect for me.

I just gotta pull myself away from the dvd to head out to a show tonight!

Can't wait to watch the whole thing!

BTW: Amazon's got a US listing for June 7, 2011:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Opera-Around-World-Days/dp/B004TF3HLQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1301692547&sr=8-1[/ame]

Says audio CD, but that it's 4 discs....most likely just the US DVD/CD release...good price too!

:worship:I'm in the process now of watching both of the DVDs and they are completely awesome. It is really CD quality vocals on the concert. It rules!!!

Big Al, the copy you bought probably doesn't play on american dvd players, correct??

I would have bought it as an import, but I figure that it probably won't work on my phillips dvd player....

please correct me if I'm wrong...

Big Al, the copy you bought probably doesn't play on american dvd players, correct??

I would have bought it as an import, but I figure that it probably won't work on my phillips dvd player....

I got mine from CDInzane and it does play just fine on my DVD player.

I got mine from CDInzane and it does play just fine on my DVD player.

Just out of curiosity, does your DVD player play region 0 format?
If so, that might be why you can play it...

edit: I just looked up my player earlier. It's a cheap philips dvp3982 player, and it says it can only play dvds that say "region 1" or "region all".
So I guess I'll have to wait for the US release in region 1.

Just out of curiosity, does your DVD player play region 0 format?
If so, that might be why you can play it...

edit: I just looked up my player earlier. It's a cheap philips dvp3982 player, and it says it can only play dvds that say "region 1" or "region all".
So I guess I'll have to wait for the US release in region 1.

You can make that dvd player region free easy with a hack. I've done it before.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/philips-dvp3982/9311

"i.e 1)Open loading tray.
2)Go to preference page.
3)enter "138931"
4)go up or down to set region code 0.
5)press setup.
6)OK. "

That should make it where its region free.

It plays fine on my dvd player. And my player is not a special player at all. It is just a cheap samsung player that I got for free when I purchased my tv.

It plays fine on my dvd player. And my player is not a special player at all. It is just a cheap samsung player that I got for free when I purchased my tv.

Yeah I don't know why people would be having problems with this. It is NTSC and should work on all US players. Unless the person who is having troubles got one of the PAL formatted ones.

Regardless, I got mine today and am stoked to play this thing. I rarely nowadays look forward to concert dvds but this one I just couldn't pass up.

Can I ask where you got the NTSC version? I was going to order it from Laser's Edge, but I noticed that
it said:

FORMAT: PAL
REGION: 0
How does one go about getting the NTSC version?

Thanks in advance!

Okay thanks! Maybe I'll order it from them as long as you are sure it's the NTSC version.

On a site note, if the item is in stock, how long does it take for impulse to deliver your order?

I had a huge order with other stuff on it, but I ordered I think late last Thursday and received it today. I'm in the Chicago burbs. Don't know where you're at though, so it could be more or less. Typically though when I order it's about 3 days. I haven't popped it in yet, but on the back it does say NTSC, so I'm pretty positive it's NTSC.