New Brazilian prog metal

raptured

Nov 12, 2010

Check out this new Brazilian prog metal band called "Bad Salad". They may have a funny name but the music is great. There 1st cd should be coming out soon.:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right and you are wrong. The music IS great. The name is not funny. Its awful! :D

I will investigate. I enjoyed that.

I can't listen to that right now but clearly they take the award for "Worst Band Name in History." :lol:

Norm Leggio (drummer for Psychotic Waltz & Cage) was in a band a decade ago who cut a self-titled album called Teabag. Never got to hear em but always thought that was an odd name.
Anyway the above clip rocks, thanks for posting.

Norm Leggio (drummer for Psychotic Waltz & Cage) was in a band a decade ago who cut a self-titled album called Teabag. Never got to hear em but always thought that was an odd name.
Anyway the above clip rocks, thanks for posting.

I have that Teabag disc....

There are many grind bands with horrible names.

Well, to be honest with all of you, I never really cared about band names. The important thing is that this new Brazilian band sounds great.:)
Can't wait to hear their debut cd.:kickass:

The response from Thiago Campos:

"Thank you very much for your interest and contact!
We haven't released a CD yet. The band is fairly new. We are currently working on our first full length album, which we'll start tracking around July/August if all goes well.
Most of it is written right now, and there will be a total of 7 songs. We're finishing off what remains to be done instrumentally, writing the lyrics and polishing up the arrangements. Every track is being demoed on my computer to make sure we're pleased with everything before heading to the studio for the final versions.

In the meanwhile we have put out 2 songs, "Crowded Sky" and "Nemesis", along with those teaser videos you saw. These are our demo versions, polished up for release to round up a few fans and give a little taste of what's to come.
Thankfully, the acceptance of the 2 tracks has been pretty good and has been enough to get a fanbase growing and anticipating the album. We're gathering fans on our facebook page and expect to have a following there of 10.000-20.000 members by the time the album is out. That's where we're posting all the updates and keeping in touch with everyone. http://www.facebook.com/BadSalad"

Thanks for posting Thiago's response, Ken. :)
I will certainly look forward to their debut cd.

These guys seem to cover alot of Dream Theater....and they do it VERY well.
I am quite anxious to hear their upcoming cd.....hope it's soon.:)