New CD Next Guest Vocalist: TOM ENGLUND!

Now you guys (Odin's Court) got me thinking about bringing a decent name in to do some guest vocals for a song on our debut CD, whenever that is (Im assuming we need to get some stuff sent in to record labels before I start thinking about all that.) Thanks for planting the seed guys. Although I doubt what I have in mind is as big as Kakko or Englund, but if it pulls through it will most definitely be an interesting combination.
It's definitely a cool feeling when you have a musician you respect collaborating on a song with you. When I first got Tom and Tony's parts and popped them into the mix, it was surreal and chilling. To hear their voices on something we wrote and record was very cool. Not to mention that they fit in 100% on their respective parts, and added that nice contrast to my voice.

hence the reason I won't be going after a bigger name like Kakko, Englund, or freakin Kai Hansen or something. In my opinion they are big names and Odin's Court is already established from what I can tell so they definitely didn't do it for marketing, so I don't want anyone thinking Im making a stab at them. I think the addition of Kakko and Englund on the new OC disc is killer and makes those songs what they are suppose to be. So Kudos to Odin's Court for acquiring the necessary assets into making this album as killer as it is. The concept really comes across clearly, and the guest vocals are such a treat to listen to as a part to the storyline. (Im a sucker for concepts)

Especially after listening to Mammonific - I think Tom Englund makes that song such a meaningful and powerful tune on OC's new disc - the vocalist I have in mind will stylistically make our song more meaningful and without a doubt amplify the vision I have for this song in my eyes, plus it would be such an honor because this vocalist is one of my bigger influences.

Trust me, I won't let anyone sing something I write just because I think it will help us sell stuff. Im really not like that at all, and I hope no one thinks Im that kind of person or my band is that kind of band. We've worked our asses off for this long, and we'll continue to do so.

I got my bases covered, Im not dirty or shallow. Also notice, I said we need to send stuff in to record labels -BEFORE- I worry about that. =P

I appreciate the advice, as well known to me as it was, none the less.
We are established in the sense that we've been around for a few years, played with big name bands, done some small tours, festivals, one-offs, etc. We've sold some CDs and a DVD. A small portion of people know our name. So while you could say we are established, we're also at the bottom of the "established" totem poll. :lol: I'm hoping we can work our way up, but we'll see. We've shopped our previous CD and DVD to labels, and we're shopping this one as well. I want to find the right combination of things - a label where we fit in, but also one where we don't give away too much after all the work and $$$ we put in on our own. It's a balancing act, and a risk to go with a label, so I want to make sure when we find one, we're right for them and they're right for us. If I don't find one for this album based on a tentative (and realistic IMO) schedule, we may do our own thing again.

Anyway, good luck with your searching! Hope you find a cool person to collaborate on a song with you. :)

I don't see why he wouldn't be there, but then again who knows. When I find out I'll shoot you a message or something.
Great! Thanks!

I have ten times the energy on stage as a singer than I do as a bass player, so hopefully you'll enjoy our show. It's quite ironic considering I started out as a bass player and then discovered singing could be a decent alternative to not being good enough as a bassist to join a band. I sorta forced myself to step out of my comfort zone and learn how to sing and if it wasn't for E.B.S. seeing any potential in me, I wouldn't be the singer I am today. I've had many good influences over the years attending ProgPower, so I feel I have much to accomplish if I hope to be half as good as my heroes someday.

but I should probably stop talking about unrelated things, this is about Odin's Court and the kickass ability they have to get awesome guest musicians on their material!

Im jealous.
Well, I look forward to hearing you behind the mic and going nuts on stage. ;)

Wow! Thanks! BTW, our bass player is pretty sick! I think you'll thoroughly enjoy his playing!

:kickass:

Hey Eric,

Great talking with you too! Thanks, we are all very stoked about having it done - now onto the next step. I can't wait for you to hear the whole thing, besides the better quality, there are some extra surprises for those used to the MySpace sversions. ;) Thanks - we intend on kicking some ass and are looking forward to the show! Yeah, I wish you wer able to make it too.

Definitely! I know its all done, now just the wait...

Sounds great Rick! I'll look forward to receiving it and giving it a full listen... :headbang:

Hey dude,

Thanks! Glad that means you will be getting the disk.

lol!! Yeah, I'm curious about that one too. I actually liked MMA, but not nearly as much as their older material. I really want to know what direction they took things.

As a total Fanboy, I say everything EG does, ROX.

If you have been to their weblog, you have heard parts of the new album, and it sounds more like SDT than MMA.

It will be cool seeing you again this year in Atl. We actually talk quite a lot every ProgPower...but this year will be special because of the whole "Tom working with you" angle the conversation will take.

As a total Fanboy, I say everything EG does, ROX.

If you have been to their weblog, you have heard parts of the new album, and it sounds more like SDT than MMA.

It will be cool seeing you again this year in Atl. We actually talk quite a lot every ProgPower...but this year will be special because of the whole "Tom working with you" angle the conversation will take.
I could never guess by your name that you like EG! :lol:

No, I haven't. I've been wanting to, but been too busy to check it out. When I do have time, I usually forget. ;) As long as it sounds like EG, I'll be happy. SDT was OK too, not my favorite, but neither was MMA.

Definitely! That is true and yes, I'm sure that will be a topic for discussion with you too. :)

Definitely!! We are all together this weekend for practice and are all looking forward to making the trip down there! See ya in a week!

BTW, Matt is his name! :headbang:
Way cool! Could y'all play a Stryper tune this show for us, or even incorporate part of a Stryper song into one of your own tunes? That would SO rule!:headbang: Anyhow, it will be awesome to see you guys play live and to meet you and Matt and the rest of the band! See ya soon!:kickass:

For those interested, we should be announcing our new label and the release date(s) for the CD in the next week or so! :)

For now, here is the album cover!

Deathanity(Web).jpg