New CD?

AirGuitarLoonhouse

Professional Headbanger
Jul 23, 2007
Chicago
So I see the sticky for the new song, but is there a new CD coming anytime soon? Since us folks here in states may not get to see/hear anything live soon, we are hoping for a new CD !!!

and supermassive black hole is not actually a new song

Ah yes. See it was an extra track on Dead Reckoning. Forgot about that. That version was not worth the extra $ when I got it. I think it was at $5 - $10 more on Amazon.

Not to mention it is a Muse track, and that makes it worse. That band is as bland as unleavened bread. The only redeeming quality about Muse is it keeps the the depressionists happy.

So, back to the main point of my post... any new material coming soon from the band Threshold (not their side projects)??

So, back to the main point of my post... any new material coming soon from the band Threshold (not their side projects)??

I think that at the moment their are just busy with other things, but (already) writing their own music/lyrics at the same time, so I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new cd to be released in the summer/fall of this year.

A new album would be welcome. It's been 3 years already.

A three years gap between albums has become the (intentional) standard for Threshold: it allows them to have fresher ideas and avoid repeating themselves, and it worked goddamnly good with the last two cds. And yet, they now have less contributors to songwriting (for both music and lyrics) since Jon and Nick are no longer in the band.

And yet, they now have less contributors to songwriting (for both music and lyrics) since Jon and Nick are no longer in the band.

Maybe - three other band members all have their own catalogue of work that they have written so maybe the next album will have some new composers, guided by Rich and Karl to keep it in the Threshold sound. Or maybe it won't!

A three years gap between albums has become the (intentional) standard for Threshold: it allows them to have fresher ideas and avoid repeating themselves, and it worked goddamnly good with the last two cds. And yet, they now have less contributors to songwriting (for both music and lyrics) since Jon and Nick are no longer in the band.
Probably just different contributers, not less.

Since then Damian rejoined though, he'll prolly chip in, won't he?

And for that matter, what about Johanne and Pete? IIRC, Johanne has credit on one Threshold song - perhaps he can bring more to the table. And I honestly am not familiar with Pete's work, but I'd imagine he's written some stuff for one or more of the bands he's been in previously, so hopefully he'll get the chance in Threshold as well.

well, the last album lists only karl and rich as composers

Since then Pete and Damian joined and I think I remember Pete saying he was writing stuff. I'm sure Pete, Damian and Johanne all have valuable contributions to make to the new album.

The more I think about it, the more I look forward to it :D

Yes, I would also like very much a new album, Threshold is one of my favorite band, but it is a shame that I will probably never see them live. I understand that there are issues with funding an extensive European tour, so maybe there will never be one. And this is sad, one of the most talented bands don't have enough resources to tour.
I have heard that a lot of members from Threshold have other projects. Can someone make a list, so I can keep track of them? There are so many, it is hard to keep track. And this is not necessarily a good thing, because they are all relatively small bands, and I can't find their music anywhere.

So the question remain: why are not the members of the band concentrating more on Threshold, and less on their more obscure bands and projects? I feel Threshold is overlooked by its own members.
And when can we expect a new album?

Even if 3 years is the Threshold standard, it all appears to be side-project time for the most part. Makes it seem like Threshold's on hold for the moment. Understandable after all that touring, perhaps, but...

Goddamn I would love to see a new Threshold album announced - day 1 purchase :hotjump: