New CDs

Thorshammer69

Mar 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Hello fellow MetalHeads.

I am looking to purchase some new CDs, and was looking for some input. Maybe to be introduced to some bands that slipped under my radar.
Some of my favorite bands are SymphonyX, Seventh Wonder, Kamelot, Pagans Mind, Primal Fear, and Gamma Ray. This should give you an idea of what I'm into.
Thanks.

The new James LaBrie is pretty awesome too.

I can't say I'm liking the new Kamelot as much as I'd hoped. I like it more than Ghost Opera, but considering I rank that last amongst their albums, that isn't saying much.

This week I revisited my Beyond Twilight albums. It seems I had forgotten how friggin' amazing this band was.

Are they still around at all?

And thorshammer69, any of their three albums is great - though I will suggest checking For The Love of Art and Making and The Devil's Hall of Fame.

Here are some of the 2010 releases that I like:
Orden Ogan - Easton Hope
Oblique Rain - October Dawn
Day Six - The Grand Design
Animations - Reset Your Soul
Framepictures - Remember It
Echoes - Nature / Existence
The Dust Connection - Trails

Give these a try.

This week I revisited my Beyond Twilight albums. It seems I had forgotten how friggin' amazing this band was.

Are they still around at all?

And thorshammer69, any of their three albums is great - though I will suggest checking For The Love of Art and Making and The Devil's Hall of Fame.

Thanks AngraRULES.
I happened to check out the samples you put on the Allen/Lande thread, and it sounds like a band I'd really dig.

Here are some of the 2010 releases that I like:
Orden Ogan - Easton Hope
Oblique Rain - October Dawn
Day Six - The Grand Design
Animations - Reset Your Soul
Framepictures - Remember It
Echoes - Nature / Existence
The Dust Connection - Trails

Give these a try.

Thanks Lane. Will check em out

Thanks AngraRULES.
I happened to check out the samples you put on the Allen/Lande thread, and it sounds like a band I'd really dig.

Cool man, I'm glad you enjoyed it!! I'd start with The Art of Love and Making and then The Devil's Playground (this one has Jorn behind the mic).

Another band I just discovered and I'm loving is Six Magics. Not sure if anyone has posted about them (I'm gonna start a thread on them). Really cool melodic prog metal with amazing hooks! I'm digging their latest release Behind the Sorrow.