New Dragonforce

Rewind about 7 years ago and this thread would have reached 3 to 4 pages already......

I think the track is just fine.

The fact remains that compared to their previous efforts, this will make very little waves.

Rewind about 7 years ago and this thread would have reached 3 to 4 pages already......

I think the track is just fine.

The fact remains that compared to their previous efforts, this will make very little waves.

I love how make opinions as facts. :lol:

I think the track is quite awesome. Will they ever be as successful as they once were? Probably not. However, with the resurgence of power metal lately, it may win them back some old and new fans alike.

I love how make opinions as facts. :lol:

I think the track is quite awesome. Will they ever be as successful as they once were? Probably not. However, with the resurgence of power metal lately, it may win them back some old and new fans alike.

Yes, so what's the argument then????????

All I said, which you seem to agree, that it won't make the waves of previous efforts.

Unfortunately when you gain mass appeal from mainstream outlets, the reality is that you WILL lose die hard fans. Furthermore, all the bandwagon fans leave after the "15 minutes of fame"

If they are smart, they will team up with another band (IE - Edguy, Sabaton, etc, etc) for a co-headline tour.

Last tour of the US they headlined (can't recall if their was a touring partner, but if there was, it wasn't anyone big) and you really heard little of it.

I first became a fan when Sonic Firestorm came out. I even liked most of Inhuman Rampage and half of the next one (whatever it was called). I am not hating here....... Just being realistic that no matter how great this is, I really don't think they are going to become power metal saviors again.

Yes, so what's the argument then????????

All I said, which you seem to agree, that it won't make the waves of previous efforts.

Unfortunately when you gain mass appeal from mainstream outlets, the reality is that you WILL lose die hard fans. Furthermore, all the bandwagon fans leave after the "15 minutes of fame"

If they are smart, they will team up with another band (IE - Edguy, Sabaton, etc, etc) for a co-headline tour.

Last tour of the US they headlined (can't recall if their was a touring partner, but if there was, it wasn't anyone big) and you really heard little of it.

I first became a fan when Sonic Firestorm came out. I even liked most of Inhuman Rampage and half of the next one (whatever it was called). I am not hating here....... Just being realistic that no matter how great this is, I really don't think they are going to become power metal saviors again.

I'm just giving you shit because you stated it as fact, when in reality we won't know until the album hits. :)

I actually agree with this. I was a fan of them since thier "DragonHeart" days when I found their tracks on the old "mp3.com" site (about the time I was getting so sick-n-tired of the what was being played on the radio and wanted to try to find some of the other "Iron Maiden" or "Ronnie James Dio" type music that I grew up with - just did not know what it was called other than "metal"). Not only that, but I had a blast actually having gotten to hang out with them after that one time they played at Jaxx here in Virginia.

However, I will admit that I was getting kinda tired of them by the time the "Ultimate Beatdown" album came out (I have it, but I don't think I've ever actually listened to it all the way through). However, with this new track, I am actually getting excited about them again and will more than likely get this new album when it finally drops. But I do have to agree that with you that I highly doubt they will see and/or make the waves like they did. But I guess we will see when this new album comes out.

Make that 8, I really like this. The singer is crazy good. Love the harmony in the chorus.

I've never been a fan of studio Dragonforce (although they do tear it up live), but this new song kind of hooks me in. I'll have to give their new album a listen.

The new official video for their song The Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gbbm6L2ifKE

Like the heavier darker sound to contrast the older more positive lighter sounds that they're known for, the blast beats and other elements give it a bit more of a brutal and aggressive sound.. less video gamy. Don't care for the overused word 'brutal', but it's the best word that came to mind.

Funny thing: listening to that snippet above inspired me to re-listen to some of their early stuff, and this time it clicked. My tastes have been running more and more towards the lighter side as far as power metal goes in the last few years, and I guess I'm now a Dragonforce fan. Been listening to them like crazy the past week. And then, the new song comes out, and suddenly, I feel like "The Game" is just OK. Not stellar, just pretty good, at least compared to my newly investigated first few albums.