New Dream Theater video online (Forsaken)

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2008/01/24/video-premiere-dream-theaters-forsaken/

You guys voted Dream Theater’s “Constant Motion” as the second best video of 2007 (we beg to differ, but that’s the joy of a good Democracy), so you should pee your pants at the arrival of the band’s new video for “Forsaken,” which should fare at least as well in this year’s viewer’s poll.

Guitarist John Petrucci has written a lengthy summary of the song and video, which we’ll subject you to before we let you watch the thing. Or, just skip ahead and click on the video box. Hey, it’s a free country — for now.

“The song ‘Forsaken’ is essentially a vampire story based on an early 1800’s short story by a well known Russian novelist,” writes Petrucci. “It centers on the main character Leo, who is visited nightly by a phantom named Alice. He is both intrigued and horrified by this ghost like image of a woman whom seems hauntingly familiar to him. Her seduction entails nightly mesmerizing journeys into the dark past where she floats through the skies weightlessly along with Leo visiting such places as Paris and ancient Rome. All the while she repeats the words, ‘I have come for you’ and ‘You are mine.’ “So captivated is Leo that he doesn’t even feel the sting of her vampire kiss and his body slowly gives itself up to the phantom as the story goes on.

“In the anime video created for the song, the director chose to give the lyric a futuristic twist, and play with the storyline a bit. Now, our main character is visited by a demon like harvester of human blood. Her purpose is to supply otherwise lifeless mannequins with this blood so that they may live and reenact some of the darkest moments in history.

“I always knew that an animated adaptation would be the perfect avenue to colorfully illustrate this horror story. Working with the director and choosing Japanese style anime as the artistic medium was an incredible opportunity. From the modern interpretation to the character development, storyboards and finally the animation, it was a unique and exciting experience to be a part of. I’m really happy to see the song come to life and I think people will enjoy this entirely new and unique perspective that was created for “Forsaken.”

So there you have it. Now, watch “Forsaken” here(if you haven’t alraedy), and see it on the big screen on Saturday night’s Headbangers Ball on MTV2.

I think it's hilarious how the HBB article takes backhanded swipes at DT. And they wonder why we don't take them seriously? :lol:

Oh, and the subtle political overtones are lame, too.

I'm actually surprised that this wasn't the first single. When I first heard the tune, I thought, "This song needs to be on the radio." I glad it received the video treatment, and I'm especially glad that it received a proper video treatment.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al