New Edguy and Thunderstone

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just got the Edguy EP "King Of Fools" and Thunderstones "The Burning". Edguy is in top form. The song "King Of Fools" is tight and classsic Edguy. Standout songs like "New Age Messiah" will piss off the religious people with the lyric "Pardon fucking me, who the fucking fuck is Jesus?" That song starts out with a kickass orchestra as well but goes into high gear soon after. "The Savage Union" and "Holy water" are fast paced classic Edguy at their best. Best song of this awesome $5.00 for 5 songs EP is "Life And Times Of A Bonus Track" where Tobias and his piano croon out the story of how a bonus track and the singer battle out the record companies. You have to hear it!!!! Thunderstone is just too amazing to put into words.

BTW: Anyone have the new Heavenly disc? If so, how is it?

The_Q said:
Just got the Edguy EP "King Of Fools" and Thunderstones "The Burning". Edguy is in top form. The song "King Of Fools" is tight and classsic Edguy. Standout songs like "New Age Messiah" will piss off the religious people with the lyric "Pardon fucking me, who the fucking fuck is Jesus?" That song starts out with a kickass orchestra as well but goes into high gear soon after. "The Savage Union" and "Holy water" are fast paced classic Edguy at their best. Best song of this awesome $5.00 for 5 songs EP is "Life And Times Of A Bonus Track" where Tobias and his piano croon out the story of how a bonus track and the singer battle out the record companies. You have to hear it!!!! Thunderstone is just too amazing to put into words.

BTW: Anyone have the new Heavenly disc? If so, how is it?
New Heavenly is pretty good! I am not a big fan of the singer's voice mainly because it is too high-pitched for my taste (if you are into high pitched Kiske-like vocals, then you will love it) but the musicianship on this album is top notch! The guitarrist is amazing, pulling out some great riff and killer solos. The drumming is also great (sounds a lot like Zimmerman on PowerPlant). I also like the more aggressive and darker approach on this album. The choruses are still typical Heavenly (as on Sign of the Winner) but overall this is by far their strongest album to date.