New Kamelot - Silverthorn

Double posting. Nobody knows how to use an Edit button? :p

...unless if you have the right sound system.
Anything sounds paper thin when you're listening to it on a not good system.
What were you listening to it on?

What I think of it as a whole, I think it's friggin' awesome and it's Kamelot's best album yet, pretty much in every way. It really makes some of their older stuff look way less special to me.

I just wanted to mention, that I do think My Confession has a classic mid pace power metal vibe to it, and it could have been on any of their albums starting with Karma.

I love that song. When i said it could've used another power metal esque song I meant a fast power metal song, in the vein of Sacrimony and Solitaire.

I think Fourth Legacy is their best album. I think it's their only 10/10 album. I'd rank Karma second, and score it a 9/10. I'd then cluster The Black Halo, Ghost Opera and Poetry for the Poisoned at 8/10. The new one and Epica, I'd score 5/10.

Ghost Opera doesn't even come close the The Black Halo in my eyes. Not even in the same league.

And I have to ask, what's up with either the hate or overlooking of Epica? There's not one track I skip when listening to that album. Yes, there are a lot of power metal esque (jackhammer paced) tracks on it, but they're all good.

I don't hate the disc, I just don't think it's very good. It felt like a collection of leftovers from the Karma sessions.

That's how I feel about Ghost Opera besides a few tracks, a collection of bonus material left over from the The Black Halo sessions.

And I think they already had a lot of the ideas for Epica at the time they were recording Karma. They do both sound like they were recorded at the same time.

I think Fourth Legacy is their best album. I think it's their only 10/10 album. I'd rank Karma second, and score it a 9/10. I'd then cluster The Black Halo, Ghost Opera and Poetry for the Poisoned at 8/10. The new one and Epica, I'd score 5/10.

I too am also a little surprised with the 5/10 score for Epica. Too each their own though. Hmm, my quick ratings: 10/10 for Karma & The Black Halo, 9/10 for Ghost Opera, Epica, and Poetry. 8/10 for Silverthorn (could move up depending if it sinks in a lot more), and a 7/10 for Fourth Legacy.

What does everybody think of the inclusion of instrumental versions of the album some bands are doing lately? I'm not really going to listen to them, and I don't have the pipes to even pull of some karaoke versions of the songs out (i wish did because Varetis would absolutely floor a place). Do you think it's a worthwhile bonus, or just filler to have a second disc? It'll be great watching people do vocal covers of these songs on YouTube though.

In addition, when do guys think the Silverthorn: The Second Coming or Tour Edition comes out? :D:banghead:

What does everybody think of the inclusion of instrumental versions of the album some bands are doing lately? I'm not really going to listen to them, and I don't have the pipes to even pull of some karaoke versions of the songs out (i wish did because Varetis would absolutely floor a place). Do you think it's a worthwhile bonus, or just filler to have a second disc? It'll be great watching people do vocal covers of these songs on YouTube though.

In addition, when do guys think the Silverthorn: The Second Coming or Tour Edition comes out? :D:banghead:

I did the Nightwish ones, I have to listen to Silverthorn's though. If you haven't, make sure you at least listen to the last song on Silverthorn's bonus cd as it is a bonus track with vocals.

I did the Nightwish ones, I have to listen to Silverthorn's though. If you haven't, make sure you at least listen to the last song on Silverthorn's bonus cd as it is a bonus track with vocals.

The instrumental Nightwish discs are perfect for those of us who aren't fans of the vocal style on those last two albums but appreciate the musical compositions.

Just curious. Were you a Kamelot fan when 4L came out? Or did you go back to it after getting turned on to them with a different album?

No, my 1st Kamelot purchase was Karma. Even Karma I didn't give it too many spins when it came out, I actually went back to Karma after Black Halo and Ghost Opera. Got into Karma and Epica, bought 4th Legacy and spun that a few times, could never get into it much. I should go again with a few more spins and see what happens now. I even went back and bought Seige, really couldn't get into that.

The instrumental Nightwish discs are perfect for those of us who aren't fans of the vocal style on those last two albums but appreciate the musical compositions.

I like the vocal style as well. What I like even more than the instrumental disc is the Orchestral version that they did for the Tour Edition. That's a real good cd.

Call me selfish, but I'm a little disappointed that it's missing the bonus track "Welcome Home".