New Metallica

DoomsdayZach

The Professor was right
Dec 11, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.doomsdaymusic.com
I don't care if anyone responds to this thread, i just want to say anyone who accepts the new metallica album as a legitimate metal release is fucking so false, I can't even believe. You might as well listen to linkin park. Seriously, you're symphony x fans here right? You should get that just because one of the great bands put out a new album that this is not automatically a good album. Not even the new Judas Priest is a good album that is acceptable by metal standards. Stop fucking saying "it's good for metalllica". That's NOT a goddamn accomplishment!!!!! STOP LISTENING TO MEDIOCTIRITY!!!

I'm not going to say anything based on comparison to their other albums.

1. It's not metal, you're damn right on that.
2. I like it anyway.
3. Yeah, it's not the *best* album by the longest shot ever recorded.

That's your opinion... I consider it a huge step up from their last (terrible) album. I've actually grown to like a couple songs on the album quite alot. So...... Yeah, your opinion.
Yes, it's a huge step from fucking ST. FUCKING ANGER!!! which is considered one of the worst albums ever. honestly, you're a fag for thinking > than st anger = good or even acceptable album.

Ken, I'm disappointed in you (no joke) but at least you quantify the album as it should be.

i could'nt give a shite if its "metal" or not, To my ears, sounds good, doesnt matter to me if it was released by Evile or metallica themselves, a good album is a good album in my opinion. And to be honest, its not just good for metallica, could well be there best material since Justice in my opinion.

I'm disappointed in you as well for accepting mediocre material. Listen to your own aforementioned material of fucking EVILE to hear how metal should be done.

It's disgusting to me that you fucking false metaheads accept this BULLSHIT as metal. it's NOT!

Per definition it's metal. It's not good metal though, which I guess some people count as a variable in their personal metalness equation.

I accidentally heard Unforgiven III and some other song that actually had quite a guitar solo (for new Metallica I guess?) and while they don't deserve any success or redemption after St Anger -... I was gonna say I'm glad it's not super shitty but to be honest I really don't care cuz it wasn't exceptional and there are so many better albums to listen to. Marillions new 2cd album for example.

I'm disappointed in you as well for accepting mediocre material. Listen to your own aforementioned material of fucking EVILE to hear how metal should be done.

It's disgusting to me that you fucking false metaheads accept this BULLSHIT as metal. it's NOT!

I Dont judge music on its "Metal Credibility", I'd rather judge it on its quality of musicianship. production, songwriting, melody etc etc, If its not to your taste, fair enough, but its my own personal opinion that it is the best metallica album in a long time, but more importantly, i enjoy it. Your definition of mediocre is based on your own opinion, as is mine, can't win them all man.

Fair enough, you must hate this album something chronic if your going to cry about it.
I bought this album today and listened to it for the first time. I think its an alright album, not great, not as mediocre as you say it is, there are some good moments on there, even some moments I was surprised that the guys came up with. Then again there is some rather poor moments on there as well. Solid album and enjoyable, but nothing too special. Needless to say it smokes the last few albums.

I don't really know why people say this isn't a metal album, I hear heavy riffs, fast tempo's, metal solo's, decent vocals. Theres still the southern rock influence from re/load, however most of the stuff on this album does qualify in some way as metal to my ears, obviously Metallica have not been in any way very heavy in over 15 years, but I do think this is metal.

If you don't like it don't listen to it, don't insult people and condescend just because you don't like the music.

Who gives a fuck.

As you'll all note, I said I liked the album. It's not metal, and it's nowhere near as good as 80% of the stuff out there. Worth a few listens though, and I won't deny that. Just not too many more than a few. :lol:

I'm still laughing about all the hooplah though. When I hear radio spots where James or Lars try to tell you that _______ city is the coolest place and Metallica's favorite venue is ______ in ________ city, where the best fans are! And the blanks are filled in by local radio dropouts. Go figure, marketing ad-lib. It might not be false metal (because it's not even metal, except in the minds of the deluded) but it's definitely false. Like Erik said, if you want an album to raise a shit about, go listen to Marillion.

I've never liked Metallica, so I won't even be listening to this album once. There are many other albums I still need to get and listen to... I Just bought Frost*'s album. I hope it's good... it sounds very interesting from the amazon clips :)

Yes, it's a huge step from fucking ST. FUCKING ANGER!!! which is considered one of the worst albums ever. honestly, you're a fag for thinking > than st anger = good or even acceptable album.

Ken, I'm disappointed in you (no joke) but at least you quantify the album as it should be.

St.Anger was the biggest piece of shit i've ever listened to you and if you thought I thought otherwise then I am dissapointed in you as well. :p

Probably the only reason I like this new album is because.... It somewhat (*I must state this once more for dramatic effect...SOMEWHAT*) resembles the Metallica I grew up with and it kinda speaks to me on a personal level. Brings me back to my elementary days in my ride the lightning t-shirt.. If I didn't love them so much as a child I would probably think the album was shit. (because it sounds nothing like any other bands I like)

And to level with you, I also don't consider it REAL metal.. I just like it cause the feeling of nostalgia.

To each their own, folks.

Want to listen to the new Metallica? Go ahead. Want to avoid it like the plague? Go ahead. Want to rave about it? Go ahead. Want to talk crap about it? Go ahead.

But everyone's entitled to their own opinion, & remember, the fact that it may differ from yours does not make it wrong or invalid. Also remember, attacking people or insulting them because of their opinions is a no no here..debate the idea, not the person.