New Sabaton Details Have Me Skeptical...

Worried about the signalong aspect? Learn the shit phonetically. I do it all the time. I might not know what i'm singing but I sing along to SUbway to Sally's stuff pretty much constantly. It's almost exclusively in German. I love Sabaton, and I'll do the same here.

SEX MACHINEGUNS

Dude.

That was fucking awesome. Thank you.

I'm so happy to see this discussion evolve into SEX MACHINEGUN & -OZ- vids and mentions of X JAPAN --- without it coming from me! :lol:

Saying you can't sing along with a song because the lyrics are in another language is preposterous! Surely you can utter sounds in combinations that are outside of your native tongue ;) Besides, it takes an amount of effort to learn English lyrics well-enough to sing along, it takes only a little more effort to do so in another language.

I learn the song phonetically too. Like Rei-kun I absolutely love the challenge of figuring out how to sing in another language! If it's Japanese (which it almost always is, or Korean), then I print the romanized lyrics and read along, over and over, in small sections, until I get it right. Eventually I get familiar enough with certain combinations of sounds that it gets easier to pick up new songs. For instance, I figure as soon as I hear "watashi" I know it will likely be followed by "wa" or "sube-" generally has a suffix of "-te" ... Anyway, the English translation is easy enough to look up if I want to know the meaning of the lyrics, oftentimes I do not want to know. To me, lyrics are merely a vehicle for the vocalizations which are beautiful and/or cool enough without words and too many times the lyrics end up ruining what personal meaning I had already taken from the song.

I'd be VERY excited to hear Sabaton in Swedish - even just one song! Can't wait to sing along with them ;)

Good news from Bravewords.com!

SABATON - Carolus Rex To Be Available With Both Swedish And English Lyrics

Hot Flashes
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 at 17:42:16 EST

Swedish bashers SABATON have announced more details regarding their upcoming album, Carolus Rex, due for release the last week of May via Nuclear Blast Records. A band updates reads:

"We can now confirm that our new album will be available with both English and Swedish language. The topics of the songs will remain quite the same and deals with the Swedish Empire, from it’s rise to it’s fall.

Carolus Rex will be available for purchase on single Swedish CD (Sweden only) and single English CD plus a limited edition which features a double CD with both language versions. The double CD will also feature a different cover artwork.

The album is produced by Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN) who is also doing guest vocals on one song. During the recording of Carolus Rex we also recorded a song where Joakim sings in German, a cover of 'Feuer Frei' by RAMMSTEIN. We are currently booking a huge tour and will present more countries in the upcoming days."

Carolus Rex tracklistings.

English version:
'Dominium Maris Baltici'
'The Lion From the North'
'Gott Mit Uns'
'A Lifetime of War'
'1 6 4 8'
'The Carolean’s Prayer'
'Carolus Rex'
'Killing Ground'
'Poltava'
'Long Live the King'
'Ruina Imperii'

Swedish version:
'Dominium Maris Baltici'
'Lejonet från Norden'
'Gott Mit Uns'
'En Livstid i Krig'
'1 6 4 8'
'Karolinens bon'
'Carolus Rex'
'Ett Slag Färgat Rött'
'Poltava'
'Konungens Likfärd'
'Ruina Imperii'

I'm sure NB will have some kind of pre-order package. I want the 2-disc version.

Holy Crap - win-win, everybody wins, this is kind of like the instrumental only versions of some of the Coat of Arms Album... but 10x more awesome, with a side of Kick Ass.

Of course, now we get to wait for the inevitable bitching of "yeah - great show, but I hate it that they played 'Poltava' in English - that blew chunks."