New store is launched

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
We are sorting out Paypal payment and hope to have that operative shortly. Otherwise the site is operative and I'd love your feedback.

Oh yeah...we're running a sale on all DVDs through the end of the week. :)

Not sure if it's my dial up connection or some other bug but I can't get any of the pictures of the discs to load and when I scroll sideways it all black. I'll keep trying to load it but I hope it's not because of my connection. I need my Laser's Edge!

Okay, I reloaded and other than 1 disc in the top row, it all loaded. Looks great Ken! The universe is in order again.

The site looks really good Ken! Nice work! I really like the feature you have now where when you click on a given CD, you get a "customers who purchased this also purchased..."
That's a great way to find out about new bands.

It seems I've lost my old order histories and passwords. No biggie I guess. I just created a new username and password and now the plodding task of restocking the wish list. As long as my orders aren't affected, it's small beans.

Its the best site out there now great job... The only gripe I do have is that when you go to ""Newest 200 Arrivals"", you cant view all the pages at once, now you have to go page by page..... But thats pretty minor I guess, ..due to the great work you guys did........:):)

Gaetan/Bob:

I happen to agree with both of you but there were issues with both features. In the case of "view all" we've been told to stay away from that because it taxes the server. In the case of style being in the product listing vs product detail it was more of a design issue. I prefer it the way it was also. If I'm able to have it changed at some point I will.

I like the new look, too!

I'd echo Bob's comment about the need to look at too many pages when browsing. If I'm searching for something specific, no problem. But if I'm just browsing aimlessly through, say, the clearance section, it can take a while. Perhaps at some later revision, it might be possible to have a "text only" option or something that would simply list the artist, title and price - leaving off any extra text and the picture, and linking the detailed description to the title. Then you have one line per item, which would make browsing a lot easier.

In checking out the site, I saw a new Edenbridge CD, sweet!

Ken