North Florida Metal Scene

Newmath

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2008
New to this area and looking to hit local shows (Jacksonville preferably) in the next two months. Maybe meet some local metal enthusiasts or something. Of course, bands within the prog genre are most desirable.

New to this area and looking to hit local shows (Jacksonville preferably) in the next two months. Maybe meet some local metal enthusiasts or something. Of course, bands within the prog genre are most desirable.

Artizan
Seven Kingdoms

SK will have a few shows coming up soon. Not sure about Artizan just yet...

Those two are awesome! Seven Kingdoms has a show in Tampa in Feb and I don't have to work that night. Might take a drive!

Hey man! I book tons of shows here in FL, however the Jacksonville scene is kinda lacking. There is a new place however that is caled Bruce's Megaplex that has three stages.. But still looking to see if any decent metal shows besides hardcore come through there.

Check out the Deland Rock & Metal Festival out if you are on Facebook too. It's a twice yearly fest that's majority metal :).

Thanks, looks like a cool festival. If the one for this year happens while I'm in the States then I'll hit it up.

Hurray! It's happening again and we're going YAY!

vkhv.jpg

It's very cool to see that the Deland fest is doing well enough to expand to multiple days for Fall 2014. I considered going to the one that took place a week ago, but I wasn't familiar with any of the bands, so I wasn't up for driving 2 hours each way, considering my concert schedule is already pretty heavy. I would have gone to the one in Sep 2013 with Circle II Circle, Seven Kingdoms, and Theocracy headlining if it hadn't been the same weekend as ProgPower. I'm interested to see how the full lineup for Nov 2014 comes together.