Nov Doom Facebook Group

I have a facebook but I rarely use it. Unless your into seeing people's current moods and what events they are attending etc... ghey

I have a facebook but I rarely use it. Unless your into seeing people's current moods and what events they are attending etc... ghey

Isn't that exactly what My Space is for as well?

Not to knock My Space users, but anytime I go on someone's page, all you see is a zillion "Thanks for the ad" posts.

For me, Myspace is a good place to keep in touch with certain people. I can set my settings so that I only get messages or requests from certain people, and it's a nice way to kinda collect all of the people I care about in one place where I can easily communicate with them. I don't like to just give out my email addy to everyone I know, and more often than not my email is just innundated with bullshit anyhow. If I've got pics or video I want to share with my friends, then it's easy to put it up there to share, without having to send out emails to all of them, and also allowing me to share only with people I select to be on my list. I know Myspace gets a bad rep but I find it pretty useful.

Also, along with things like this forum, Myspace is a good place for fans of the band to look me up and make contact with me if they want. I've met alot of cool people from all over through Myspace.

I get pretty agitated when I get friend requests from people who never try to make any sort of contact with me, they just want to add me to their list I guess. That seems pointless. But overall the experience has been more positive than negative. It's also a quick and easy way to check out other bands and sample some of their music.

I signed up for Facebook, and the layout is a bit annoying. I hope they rectify that eventually.

I hate that term "stalker", too. I think that's one of the most misused terms around. The guy who goes and checks his ex-girlfriend's page every day could be construed as a stalker, I agree. But the guy who decides to look up an old girlfriend or friend to see how they're doing and reconnect with them shouldn't be construed as stalking, though so many people call it such.

I signed up for Facebook, and the layout is a bit annoying. I hope they rectify that eventually.

You're stuck with the layout. They changed the format of the pages last fall. It used to be like Myspace, where the front page of a person's profile housed all sorts of crap applications that cluttered the space and took longer time to load. Now the applications are on the various tabs (Boxes), etc.

It took a while to get used to, but I like the layout because the pages load fairly quickly, and it doesn't take long to find what you're looking for on a person's profile.

The home page gives you the choice to sort your friends by updates (status, news, posted items, etc.).

I think getting Myspace pages to load wouldn't be such a hassle if so many people didn't insist on cluttering it up themselves with too many fancy graphics and backgrounds and a zillion videos and music players, etc. I won't even visit peoples' pages much anymore, I'll just message them or comment them by going to my friend list and accessing the quick & easy message/comment option that pops up under their pic.

hm i used to feel about facebook like you guys did at first. but once you have a ton of friends added to your contact list, its pretty awesome(cycling through photos is way easier, the IM thing they provide is great too, also the notifications are more frequent(and relevant, not just spam) which generally means i find theres more to come back too than myspace). My myspace is now dead to the world though, nothing happens on it anymore, The only thing i occasionally use it for is to find music and stuff.

I've got a few bands as friends on Myspace simply cuz it's an easy way to get info about the band. Just go to the page and read the blog or whatever. It's easier than rummaging around the internet to a bunch of different band websites.

I am not knocking My Space at all.
I think it is great for sampling bands.
Just whenever I try to read the comments or other info, it is all postings in VERY large font either pimping out someone's band or the mandatory self-created THANKS FOR THE ADD.

without sounding lazy, the thing with myspace is that it takes longer to get to different bits of info than fb, i think fb system is just more refined, while albeit, slightly plainer looking. but it works brilliantly when you have alot of friends on there and its easier to stay in contact with people as you dont have to cycle through the hundreds as it will notify you of peoples activity (pics, status updates, profile changes etc) so it reminds you of people constantly. also feels a little less invasive than myspace when you contact people.