Official "Who Should Replace Volbeat?" Thread

+1. I really hope Glenn manages to find someone with the "fun" aspect of Volbeat. That's a tall order though, and I'm sure he's tired.

Hs's probably already working on next PP's line-up, right? To prepare another video announcement? I imagine trying to replace a band of Volbeat's caliber on such short notice on top of all that is hell.

Your post has nailed my problem(s) on the head. I'm going to take a hiatus from the forum and everything associated with the festival for at least a week once this shitstorm is over.

Odd ball choice for PP??? Hmm maybe Dirty Penny...my god would that go over like a lead balloon!!

+1. I really hope Glenn manages to find someone with the "fun" aspect of Volbeat. That's a tall order though, and I'm sure he's tired.

Hs's probably already working on next PP's line-up, right? To prepare another video announcement? I imagine trying to replace a band of Volbeat's caliber on such short notice on top of all that is hell.

I finally checked out Korpiklaani recently, talk about THE drinking beer band! The video/tune I heard was pretty fun, still have to check out more from them to make sure all their stuff doesn't sound the same.

Lost Horizon reunion!

I wish! That debut still ranks with me as one of THE best Power Metal albums EVER. I like Daniel's voice in Heed but... just wasn't on the same level as LH debut. It took me a while to actually dig the second LH album because I loved the debut to much.

I just wanted to say that I am in awe of that avatar.

Barney indeed is awesome! One of the joys of having kids is introducing them to TV characters like that, especially once they are old enough to appreciate it. So far Barney, Kramer and Roscoe PPPPpppp Coltrane have been big hits. My kid does a mean Roscoe laugh.

I finally checked out Korpiklaani recently, talk about THE drinking beer band! The video/tune I heard was pretty fun, still have to check out more from them to make sure all their stuff doesn't sound the same.

Korpiklaani is a fun band. They would be an interesting choice. I think they fit the Heathen Crusade audience a little better.

Barney indeed is awesome! One of the joys of having kids is introducing them to TV characters like that, especially once they are old enough to appreciate it. So far Barney, Kramer and Roscoe PPPPpppp Coltrane have been big hits. My kid does a mean Roscoe laugh.

Please tell me you have a dog named "Flash."

Devin Townsend

dt

Second on that one. Devin would fit perfectly as a Volbeat replacement. Just enough crazy and brilliant live.
Other votes for me would be:
1. Marillion (wishful thinking I know)
2. Spock's Beard (maybe a little more prog than power)
3. Vintersorg
4. Axel Rudi Pell (been three years since I last saw him)
5. Y&T (how about some old school?)

Please tell me you have a dog named "Flash."

I wish! My wife gets say in the naming so she makes me call them girly names.

I think Lost Horizon is remade and making a new album...if I remember correctly

I don't think it includes Daniel though, or one of the other guys? To me, LH without Daniel is climbing an uphill battle already.

ZOMG! BIG LETTERZ!!!11! LOZ!!1!!23!!!!6!11

What? You don't want the world's best techno/rock/rap/metal/cross-dressing band? :p

Though I do admit they (and a few others on my list) were suggested in jest. It was meant to highlight the impossibility of finding a band as unique as Volbeat.

Oh thank god! I thought you were being serious. BTW really big letters are metal.