Ohio Metal Band: Totem

cslebn

The Duck of Doom
Dec 22, 2008
Hey I thought I'd throw soemthign up about these guys from Ohio. They played at the battle of the bands for Powerfest and though they didn't win they freaking rocked.

I thought they were one of if not the best band there. I think they are definitely worth the listen.

http://www.myspace.com/totemrocks

Hello all! I heard word from a friend that Totem had been mentioned on this forum and I thought I would come and check it out. I hope you all enjoy our music. I am the vocalist and lone guitarslinger of Totem. Our new album is for sale on Amazonmp3 and is entitled "Strength of Will". The mp3's on our website are an early mix without keyboards, while the cd sounds much heavier and better mixed (by me!). We are going on a short hiatus this summer, but we are also beginning to send our cd's out as much as possible! Once again please visit www.myspace.com/totemrocks for all things Totem.

on a personal note: I am a supporter of progpower and think its a great time. My first progpower was amazing and included none other than Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Angra and Edguy. Since then I have attended every Progpower that my favorite singer (jon oliva) has performed. Recently it has been tough to make the trip south due to college costs but I look forward to attending in the next year or two again.

An instrumental band called Lost in the Blue won I believe.

My personal fav of these guys is a song called Best of Times. And this guy can sing! (and the quality of the CD is stout)

did they really loose in the end?

Bob, I nearly spit out my drink!

This was sort of a cool idea, but why not have it with some better known Chicago bands duking it out for a spot? I know this was sponsored by some organization outside of Powerfest, so maybe CRJ had no input on the bands who participated.

This is the very reason I'm going to check out your band. :D

...Matthew, I checked it out, and it truly rocks! I'm impressed with the band's chops and your vocals!

Hey thanks Brian! Glad to see a fellow Tage fan. We have played a good amount of savatage covers although we hardly do them justice, but Criss is still quite the inspiration to much of my guitar playing! (and jon to my impromptu screams haha :loco:)

thanks

www.myspace.com/totemrocks

Hey thanks Brian! Glad to see a fellow Tage fan. We have played a good amount of savatage covers although we hardly do them justice, but Criss is still quite the inspiration to much of my guitar playing! (and jon to my impromptu screams haha :loco:)

thanks

www.myspace.com/totemrocks

I went and sampled the ep on Amazon and it sounds really good! If people don't give this a listen, then they're being closed minded.

~Brian~

OK, so I downloaded this from Amazon last night and have been listening to it this morning. It's hit me who Matthew, the lead singer/guitarist, sounds like. He sounds a helluva lot like Daniel from Lost Horizon and Heed! If that's not a compliment, I don't know what is!

~Brian~

OK, so I downloaded this from Amazon last night and have been listening to it this morning. It's hit me who Matthew, the lead singer/guitarist, sounds like. He sounds a helluva lot like Daniel from Lost Horizon and Heed! If that's not a compliment, I don't know what is!

~Brian~

Wow I totally don't deserve that :yow: but thank you for the compliment! And thanks for the purchase! How did you like the new mix and other tracks?

all the best

The mp3's on our website are an early mix without keyboards, while the cd sounds much heavier and better mixed (by me!).

Just curious....why wouldn't you want to put the "much heavier and better mixed" versions on your website? While the ones that are there are decent, I would think you would want potential listeners to hear the best you've got so far...?

BTW, I think you guys have great potential. Keep rocking, and come out to Chicago!

Just curious....why wouldn't you want to put the "much heavier and better mixed" versions on your website? While the ones that are there are decent, I would think you would want potential listeners to hear the best you've got so far...?

BTW, I think you guys have great potential. Keep rocking, and come out to Chicago!

Thanks for the compliment! truthfully I am not sure why we haven't put at least one of the CD mixes on our myspace. I believe we are in the process of connecting our music player on myspace to amazonmp3 so the samples can be heard online. But truthfully its more likely that the cd is so new that we haven't gotten to it yet :lol:

in other words: thats a good point and we will put atleast one up soon! thanks! :headbang: