Onslaught / Artillery tour, it's on!

Smc316

Resident
Sep 20, 2014
:headbang:

List of dates here:
1621689_878908848786368_7017760052900329818_n.png

Who's going?!

Whoever booked the first half of this tour must have been on drugs when he put together the routing...

That's a LOT of unnecessary mileage and fuel that's being wasted... Camden, what do you think? ;)

Whoever booked the first half of this tour must have been on drugs when he put together the routing...

That's a LOT of unnecessary mileage and fuel that's being wasted... Camden, what do you think? ;)

haha yah, that's a pretty ridiculous routing. I hope they're not in a coach!

Saw them open this tour in Brooklyn on Thursday night. Have to say, I was less than impressed. Saw both band son prior gigs and they were both killer. However, Artillery's sound this time was fucked up imo. Guitars were way tool low in the mix and drums were way too loud(and annoying). Onslaught, while musically spot on, was an awkward experience to say the least. Fill in vocalist Neil Turbin did not know lyrics to the songs, thus he used a tablet attached to a mic stand onstage. Still, his timing was off and he seemed VERY unsure of himself. I'm not saying he sucked, because his voice was good but I actually was embarrassed FOR him as many in the audience were shaking their heads at his lack of knowledge of lyrics/vocal lines. Hopefully it only gets better as the tour goes on, as I realize that he was put in this position kinda last minute. I wish the boys well with the remainder of the tour.

I agree. They'll be in Chicago this week, but they won't be back in Wisconsin until the middle of November? That's weird.

Saw them open this tour in Brooklyn on Thursday night. Have to say, I was less than impressed. Saw both band son prior gigs and they were both killer. However, Artillery's sound this time was fucked up imo. Guitars were way tool low in the mix and drums were way too loud(and annoying). Onslaught, while musically spot on, was an awkward experience to say the least. Fill in vocalist Neil Turbin did not know lyrics to the songs, thus he used a tablet attached to a mic stand onstage. Still, his timing was off and he seemed VERY unsure of himself. I'm not saying he sucked, because his voice was good but I actually was embarrassed FOR him as many in the audience were shaking their heads at his lack of knowledge of lyrics/vocal lines. Hopefully it only gets better as the tour goes on, as I realize that he was put in this position kinda last minute. I wish the boys well with the remainder of the tour.
why is Turbin filling in for Sy Keller on vocals??

I was at that show, and yes, unfortunately Artillery had really weak sound. It was just thin and lifeless. I don't know if it was their equipment or the sound guy. I was really excited to see them and it was kind of meh

Onslaught sounded great! I am not really familiar with their stuff, aside from once listening to the one album Grim Reaper guy did with them. Powerful sound, and the fill-in singer did a great job. Is the regular singer better? I never heard of this guy but he has a great voice for this type of music.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/onslaught-featuring-ex-anthrax-singer-neil-turbin-footage-of-brooklyn-concert/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, talk about an awkward performance. I know it was a short notice for Neil to fill in for this tour, but it looks like they never had much if any chance to rehearse. Hopefully by the time they Detroit it will be better. Looking forward to Artillery more than Onslaught anyways. Still pissed that Striker dropped off. Any one know the reason?