Opeth NOT appearing at PP3.0

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
"After several weeks of negotiations with Opeth's management/booking agency, I was unable to come to an acceptable agreement. I wish the band nothing but success and hope to work with them one day in the future.

Thanks,

Glenn H."

This really puts a damper on my wanting to attend, but it would still be great to meet some of you people, that's assuming most of you will still be going now that Opeth isn't.

Yeah, I agree with S4R. I'd still go to hang out with some of y'all. I love weekend trips, airplanes, and staying in hotels (I'm being serious!), so I'll probably still go. :)

Yeah, I had a feeling this would happen so I didn't get my hopes up too much. I am still disappointed as well all are, but I will still be attending since I live so close to ATL. ProgPower2.0 was a great experience so I'll definitely be going to 3.0. It'd still be cool if any of you guys(and girls) could still make it.

Oyo, will you teach me your totally sweet ninja skills?

Speaking as someone who attended PP 2.0... you should attend PP 3.0. The whole week is an absolute blast. First off, the hotels and streets surrounding the venue are overrun by people, that you can instantly tell, are going to the show. Opeth, Nevermore, and Iced Earth t-shirts as far as the eye can see. Everyone you meet is cool. Whether it be the people in the room hotel next to you, the people in line with you to get a beer, or the musicians playing the festival. Last year, we met everyone in every band. Plus, we partied with different folks every night, for fours days straight. The venue is first rate, and Glenn does a kick ass job with the show. All in all, it's a total blast. I can't wait until November!

GZ