Opeth songs you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
^agreed. wouldn't compare them with DSOTM, tho, musically. commercially, maybe bwp? seeing as how dark side was the floyd's most "commercial" album (until the wall, as far as singles go). musically, although i continue to find pink floyd influences in many opeth songs, i can't really think of any opeth album that is even comparble at all to a PF album, maybe ghost reveries/wish you were here.

that's not to say that i give a shit about chart positions. i mean, how did morningrise chart? who gives a shit? it's an incredible album, i love every song on that album. same with mayh, sl, all of them. oh, so just b/c watershed actually made a billboard chart position means that opeth is a good band, bullshit. i don't listen to, nor do i want to, a single band or singer that is at the top of any fucking charts. i don't listen to the radio. i do n't have xm or satellite radio or anything, either. i don't watch mtv or vh1 anymore, except for those "i love the 80's" shows on vh1. i just simply don't give half a shit what's popular these days, or what the ppl i associate with listen to. i listen to what i like, and all i like is opeth. 'nuff said, i think. :D

This thread totally fucking sucks.
SW-You-Fail.jpg

"Hessian peel" poorly written? FUCK OFF!!!

"By the pain..." is poorly written if anything, I admit that, but "Hessian peel"? Come the fuck on!!!

Fun thread overall, haha! Nice title! "Songs you HATE"...gee, kids are different these days, or maybe not?

Cheers guys!
Mike

Well, once upon a time Mike DID say he likes to read the negative crap, so he should be very pleased with this thread.

On topic, I can't stand all of Orchid except for one song, but I can never remember which one.....

What a fucking horrendous thread, negative dribble which draws nor concludes any point other than oh this is shit and thats shit. I mean I'm not usually one to call shit thread, but wtf is this. And Hessian Peel poorly written LOL fuck off indeed.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7383481 said:
"Hessian peel" poorly written? FUCK OFF!!!

"By the pain..." is poorly written if anything, I admit that, but "Hessian peel"? Come the fuck on!!!
Mike: Ban the bastard who posted that.

Grand Conjuration pisses me off, and I hate the end of Harlequinn Forest so much I downloaded a sound editor and deleted that section from all copies of the song on my hard drive so I wouldn't have to go to the skip button every time I hear it.
I can agree with this. Now I'm going to try to edit out the last few minutes Harlequin Forest:lol:

I've always really liked Orchid. There are so many great songs on there. To each their own...

I don't like BRI. Morningrise as a whole rarely enters my playlist.

The rest of the catalog is brilliant !!!

Isolation Years sucks wang.

Lotus Eater is terribly structured as is Porcelain Heart. Sounds like a bunch of riffs thrown together.

and tbh a lot of the stuff off Orchid I dont listen to much, although I concede it needs to have happened for Opeth to progress into the band they are today

Status
Not open for further replies.