Pain of Salvation "Remedy Lane- Revisited & ReLived"

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004

1. When I heard that this was being re-issued with a live companion disc from ProgPowerUSA my initial feelings were..."Fuck Yes!!!"

Remedy Lane was such a deep emotional disc that surrounded my head and heart with many different emotions that it became one of my favorite discs. To this day it remains in my top 10 of all time.

The once in a lifetime gig of Remedy Lane in its entirety in Atlanta was yet again an emotional experience and one of the best concert/ shows that I've ever seen. I'm still amazed at the memories that I hold close from this show. Once in a lifetime!

As I sit here listening to the re-mix, which is more like a re-imagining than a few tweaks to make it sound better, I'm almost at a loss for words. This is not the Remedy Lane that I am familiar with. Different things brought up into the mix, others dropped down, edges added where there once were none and some of the raw emotion was dulled in other places. I don't know, it's still a great disc, maybe more accessible to casual fans than the original, but it's not the Remedy Lane I fell in love with.

I'm trying to be objective here but it's difficult. Remedy Lane to me is like a bible of sorts. You don't re-write the bible, do you? To change the sounds and emotional textures of an all time classic should not be allowed!

As a huge Pain of Salvation fan, I'm sitting here absorbing this disc because it is still Pain of Salvation, I'm just struggling to accept the differences. It's a great disc regardless, but my preference will stay with the original. If you're a fan, definitely check it out! It's weird to hear other dynamics involved which were buried in the mix before.

Remedy Lane- Re-Imagined for certain!

As for the live disc from ProgPower, all I can say is WoW! I knew we had seen a special once in a lifetime night but until I heard it I didn't realize how special! Daniel Gildenlow and his new bandmates did Remedy Lane some serious justice! From start to finish (minus the false start which was left off of here, bonus track anyone?) the recreation of Remedy Lane was almost spot on! This is a live disc that will have a little replay value for me because it sounds so perfect! And to think, we saw it live and in person!

Glenn, you've heard it a million times before and you deserve another million thank you's for pulling this off! This will always be a top 10 memory from my years as a ProgPower attendee. I've been coming since 2003 and I plan to be there until the final one. There are very few things that could blow my mind moreso than Remedy Lane Re-Lived.

Don't forget to thank Milton for that one as well. I believe he was the primary mover in getting us that phenomenal event.

I'll get this as a bump to the "make more like your old stuff," uh...movement?, but I A) don't expect him to change the course of his art and B) similarly don't expect to give it a ton of play. And having a memento of the live show will be nice.

Well thanks to Milton too then!
I've been spinning the remix since I received it Monday and the new mix is a different beast, subtle in so many places but it changes the entire listening experience!
I'm surprised there haven't been any comments about this. I saw where somebody said he heard little difference. If you're a fan of this disc and have spent any time with it, you can point out 1000 little nuances instantaneously! Not that it's anything bad, it's just...well....different. "This Heart of Mine" brings up the guitar picking the chords and drops everything else down a little in the mix, and in the chorus you can clearly hear the strummed chords where you could only assume they were there before. It truly is a subtle but noticeable change.

Oh well, if I'm the only one who walks down this Remedy Lane, then so be it.

I don't remember if they filmed this as well. If so is there a live DVD/Blu Ray of it?

Speaking for the music only -- I have lots of thoughts on this here > http://www.pmrising.com/pm/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10449
Saves me the trouble of writing all of that all over again here.

That said - I actually like the re-mix of Remedy Lane. I agree with everything said above. It's a different beast, but one that I can live with and enjoy. My excitement comes from the live disc from Prog Power included in this set. Aside from the obvious feelings on Daniel's opening comments (which are gone as you might expect), this live set is absolutely fantastic. From the mood, the atmosphere, the performance and the fact that we were all there at this show, this is a monster of a disc. Daniel and co. capture the mood of Remedy Lane to near perfection on this disc, and it's one to own for memory sake at the very least.

I really bought this set for the live show - but not expecting to enjoy the re-mix gave me a bonus. The live show is to die for; we were there, we know how it was. This is a near perfect memoir of how it went down.

I think it sounds great...luv the original and love this one. Glad I bought it.

I'm glad I picked this up too. The live performance was great to relive. The remix sounds fantastic, with one biased exception. Beyond the Pale is one of my top 3 PoS songs, and I don't like the way the feel changed in the intro and then in the heavy middle section.