Pearl Jam: Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 11th, 2003)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
In my quest to convince everyone that Pearl Jam is the greatest live act on the planet of the past 20 years....

From Wiki:

The album was recorded live in Mansfield, Massachusetts at the Tweeter Center on July 11, 2003. The show is notable because it was the last of three nights at the Tweeter Center in which the band played 82 originals and 12 covers, with the only repeat being "Yellow Ledbetter".[2] The band's stated goal over these three nights was to play every song it had played on the entire tour so far, without repeats as noted. To this end, the first disc was an acoustic band set that Pearl Jam played before even openers Sleater-Kinney got on stage; the second and third discs are the regular set following Sleater-Kinney. This encompassing storyline accounts for otherwise mysterious stage remarks that vocalist Eddie Vedder keeps making about "getting to the task at hand." The song "Arc" off of Riot Act was played at the beginning of the second encore, right before "I Believe in Miracles",[3] but is not included on this or any bootleg, as the song is meant as a tribute to the nine fans who died at the band's 2000 Roskilde Festival performance.

Disc 1 (acoustic):

1. Long Road
2. Of the Girl
3. Sometimes
4. Off He Goes
5. All Those Yesterdays
6. Driftin'
7. Thin Air
8. Sleight of Hand
9. Footsteps
10. All or None
11. Parting Ways
12. Indifference

Disc 2

1. Can't Keep
2. Breakerfall
3. Brain of J
4. Spin the Black Circle
5. Ghost
6. Green Disease
7. Tremor Christ
8. Given to Fly
9. Nothing As It Seems
10. Cropduster
11. Faithful
12. Why Go?
13. Wishlist
14. Leatherman
15. Nothing Man
16. Betterman
17. 1/2 Full

1. Untitled
2. MFC
3. Blood
4. Encore Break
5. Breath
6. Habit
7. Down
8. Mankind
9. U
10. Black
11. Jeremy
12. Encore Break
13. I Believe in Miracles
14. Know Your Rights
15. Fortunate Son
16. Rockin' in the Free World
17. One Note
18. Encore Break
19. Yellow Ledbetter

I paid $20 bucks for mine back in the day. A quick scan of Ebay sees it going for an average of $35 including shipping.

I am not the biggest fan of PJ, but appreciate a few specific songs. I did see them live, from the first row, at Lollapalooza in 92 in Chicago.

Just like the Grateful Dead, I have a TON of respect with how they reprioritized themselves as a "live" band as opposed to a "commercial" rock band.

I would love to see Priest, Maiden, Metallica, etc have the balls to play back to back nights with no repeat songs. That's truly giving the fans what they want.

I've seen them twice before and I do believe they are the best live act. They're definitely one of the few bands that every time for now on if they hit Chicago, I'll be there.

The closest metal band to do the mixing up the setlist thing is probably Dream Theater, though from what it seemed on that last tour, they didn't do it nearly as much. The problem is that these older metal bands get way too lazy when it comes to set lists. That being said, I don't know if there are any fans on here, but if Down keeps going the way they are, I see them being capable of putting on two back to back shows of different songs.

Any video using Hong Kong Fuey is a-ok in my book. Anyway, I love Black. Great song. Great band. Best live act? I've never seen them live. But I have to say, they'd have some tough competition from some of the acts i've seen at PP.

Glenn, they repeated "Encore Break" a few times during that set. For shaaaaaaame! :saint:

Excellent live band I may never get to actually see live. :erk:

One of my nifty, nicely unusual CD-library items is the 3-disc Pearl Jam live set recorded here at the Fox Theater, many years ago. :kickass: (On that particular tour, oddly enough, King's X was opening.)

So, I'm spinning the Legacy's edition of the Ten album this afternoon after many years without hearing the album at all. I have to say that I'm enjoying it alot. I haven't made it to the Brendan O'Brien remixes yet though. Any thoughts on this?

~Brian~

I am not the biggest fan of PJ, but appreciate a few specific songs. I did see them live, from the first row, at Lollapalooza in 92 in Chicago.

Just like the Grateful Dead, I have a TON of respect with how they reprioritized themselves as a "live" band as opposed to a "commercial" rock band.

I would love to see Priest, Maiden, Metallica, etc have the balls to play back to back nights with no repeat songs. That's truly giving the fans what they want.

Well said. I don't like their music, but I do respect the fact that they give it their all when they play live.

Not as good as "fuckin hoff-style", which sadly the music has been removed from youtube... but still funny. thanks for sharing glenn.