Peter Gabriel - New Blood

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Anyone pick this up? I found the reinterpretations interesting. You get so used to hearing the songs a certain way for such a long period of time that it keeps you off balance a little bit. Its not like he took tremendous liberties with the melody lines but the transposition from electric instruments and rock rhythms to orchestrations is a bit arresting.

Sonics of the CD are excellent. I just got the 24 bit version but didn't get to play them back yet. I expect to be knocked on my ass.

Anyone pick this up? I found the reinterpretations interesting. You get so used to hearing the songs a certain way for such a long period of time that it keeps you off balance a little bit. Its not like he took tremendous liberties with the melody lines but the transposition from electric instruments and rock rhythms to orchestrations is a bit arresting.

Sonics of the CD are excellent. I just got the 24 bit version but didn't get to play them back yet. I expect to be knocked on my ass.

I picked this up about 2 weeks Ago at FYE.. ( the 2 disc) verstion...yes its Unreal with the orchertra......IMO Gabriel Plays live from the 80s seems to hit me more, than this Dont get me wrong , this cd is fantastic....I dont have a 24 bit machine to hear the difference...but Peters vocals seems to always run chills down my spine....:headbang:

Watching it first live and then hearing the studio version and now watching the dvd again is mesmerizing. New Blood is an amazing experience both musically and visually. Really loved the new interpretations of the songs. One of my favorite musical moments so far this year.

Ken,

It's really excellent on all fronts.

As you mentioned, the recording is basically flawless and the mastering preserves the dynamics of a classical orchestra. Some of the orchestral arrangements remind me of a number of 20th Century composers such as Shostakovich, Debussey and Prokofiev. The kicker though is that PG chose songs that he clearly cares deeply about and that fact comes shining through in his vocal performances.

It would be great to have the opportunity to listen to it one day on the LE reference system... :)