Phil Anselmo's new project

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
In an interview with SMNnews.com conducted last Thursday (Feb. 24), CROWBAR frontman Kirk Windstein was asked about the current whereabouts of his DOWN bandmate and SUPERJOINT RITUAL/ex-PANTERA frontman Philip Anselmo following the recent death of ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. An excerpt from the interview follows:

SMNnews.com: If you don't mind me asking, how is Phil doing?

Kirk Windstein: "Doin' actually very good! I've talked with him more, he's been callin'. He's got a new project called BODY IN BLOOD. I spoke to him more since the Dime thing. He's putting together this BODY IN BLOOD thing and I kinda dabble with him a little bit. It's all his songs, I wrote like one. Sid Montz plays drums on it and I might try to get with them and play guitar. He plays acoustic and I'll play electric."

SMNnews.com: What's it like?

Kirk Windstein: "It's super fuckin' ambient, super mellow, real breathy, real melodic, real eerie, real dark. Every song is like, completely, all acoustic, clean electric, pretty laid back, great songs. He's got himself together physically, which is very good! His biggest thing is, he even told me, when you're doin' these interviews, if people ask, he wants everyone to know how difficult it is for him because of the way things went down with the press and everything else and all that. And he said, it's difficult for him 'cos he can't have any closure he wasn't able to mend everything with Dime and Vinnie before it happened. He said in a couple more years they would have gotten in a room together, fight it out or whatever, makeup, make a PANTERA record and fuckin' reunion tour and everything would be cool. It was just one of those things where the timing of it was so bad because of all the press shit that was goin' on and all and the poor dude passes away he just felt that he had no closure."
Hmmm, Phil doing laid back, mellow acoutic songs? Could this mean he's cleaned his voice up a bit? But then again, who's to say he'll ever release any of this stuff? Still, I'm interested.

It could be cool. Pantera had some mellow songs like Suicide Note pt.1 and it always sounded good.