Pick another cheesey 80'z closing song for future PP's!

LunaTEKKE said:
OK, so I kind of got away from the original criteria, but if the caliber of next year’s vocal pool is remotely close to this year’s group, it would be a shame to waste all that talent…

Def Leppard – Bringin’ on the Heartbreak/Switch 625
Iron Maiden – Heaven Can Wait (picture the all-star cast singing whoa-oh-oh…whoa-oh-oh-oh-OH-oh-oh…
Fates Warning – Anarchy Divine (with a very small, very organized, very non-violent mosh pit…) :)
Queensryche – Neue Regel
Savatage – Morophine Child
Shadow Gallery – I Believe

Or to continue with the “Stars” or the "Dio" theme…

Edguy – Superheroes :lol:
Dio - All The Fools Sailed Away

Yeah, some good suggestions! :headbang:

SwordLord said:
Okay, so I was completely floored by the whole "WE'RE STARZ" bit at the end of this year's ProgPower, sooooo....

What would be some OTHER good songs that everyone could close with at future ProgPowers?

As if you couldn't guess...

My vote is ...

Europe - The Final Countdown

Weird... that's the song I immediately thought of right when I read the title of the post, heh...

Thorn23TX said:
"Ruuuuunnnnnnnn Tooooooo Thhheeeeeeeee Hiiiilllllllllssssssssss!!!!"

Although I don't find it cheesy, it would make for a good closer... gotta have a song with a good sing-a-long opportunity. :)

Well... Angra did do "The Number Of The Beast" at the end of ProgPower III... so... sorta close! :)

manowarfan1 said:
We ban Jimmy Buffet toons from the pre-pre party so the All Stars (led by the Man with the Balls of Steel) can lead the crowd in a rousing Buffet medley to send everyone off to the real world (well after the parties that is) in a nice happy, mellow frame of mind :)

Beat me to it. :lol:

Oh, if we're gonna have a bunch of good singers in stage, how 'bout Savatage's "Chance"?

Pellaz said:
Oh, if we're gonna have a bunch of good singers in stage, how 'bout Savatage's "Chance"?

This would absolutely be my #1 choice for a great closing track. The only reason I left it off my list is that I read a while back on the forum that it had been done before at PP.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, though, and it was part of a Savatage show. Although when I saw them tour in support of "Handful of Rain", they only performed the first half...

Either the Beatles Hey Jude (the singgalong part seems to fit with a closing of a festival) or even better - if Beatallica is playing - they/the all starts could lead the crowd in a rousing rendition of Hey Dude!

jeff

manowarfan1 said:
Either the Beatles Hey Jude (the singgalong part seems to fit with a closing of a festival)....

U2's song "40" was also great for a closing singalong. When I saw them at the old Omni in Atlanta, they ended with that song, and left the stage gradually, one by one, with the crowd singing the last line lustily: "How looong / to sing this song...."

Eventually the stage went dark and the crowd began exiting.....still singing the song in perfect time. Up the stairs, out the doors, out towards the parking lot, still singing. We got to our car at the foot of the escalator, down below everything (by the railroad tracks) and we could STILL hear the crowd singing around us and wafting down from above.

It was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed at a show. :worship:

Since it needs to be a song by the headline act (preferably) - on the final night - which should be a power metal act - as a prog band can headline Friday - why not have Saxon (the headliners, hint hint) - bring everyone up and lead the crowd in a rousing rendition of Denim & Leather?

Dammit - are those crickets chipring I hear? Back to the drawing board
jeff

manowarfan1 said:
Since it needs to be a song by the headline act (preferably) - on the final night - which should be a power metal act - as a prog band can headline Friday - why not have Saxon (the headliners, hint hint) - bring everyone up and lead the crowd in a rousing rendition of Denim & Leather?

That ... would ... so ... RULE!!! :headbang:

You have awesome taste in music - I think I'll be heading up to MN to see one fo the shows you bring up taht way - already warned the step-sister that she is prolly gonna have company as she lives somewhere in the twin cities.

Now - if we can only turn them all into our clones we can have Saxon headline one night and Manowar the next. Corset night will have to share the billing with fur loin cloths woo hoo

jeff:headbang: