Poets Of The Fall CD’s

kvona1

Oct 22, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Just wanted to point out to anyone that’s interested in picking up the physical CDs for Poets Of The Fall, I used a website out of Finland called Record Shop X. Their prices are very reasonable, even with shipping to the US, and they even offer used versions of certain albums at low prices.

In addition, while ordering directly from the bands web site is more expensive with shipping than the store I just mentioned, they have had sales in the past where they offer 25% off all purchases....they will post this on their Facebook page when they have the sale.

Hope this helps for anyone looking to pick up physical copies of their albums.

7digital has some Poets of the Fall albums available for download in FLAC. For those unfamiliar with FLAC, it is a CD quality format that you can use to burn your own CDs without loss of quality. You could probably find other PPUSA XX artists at 7digital in FLAC if you search for them.

https://us.7digital.com/search?q=Poets of the Fall

More info on FLAC here: https://xiph.org/flac/documentation_tasks.html

Update:

This isn't mentioned in the link above, but i use a 2 step process in creating CDs from FLAC files.

First convert FLAC to AIFF (Mac OSX) or WAV (Windows) format. Once the file is in AIFF or WAV format (basically the same thing, different extension) you can write to a CD using anything you want. I should note that WAV and AIFF formats are, like FLAC, lossless meaning there is no loss of audio quality when you convert from FLAC to WAV or AIFF. The actual format used to store music on CDs themselves are WAV/AIFF, which again are the both same thing with different file name extensions depending on the type of system you are using.

I mostly run Mac OSX, and so to decode from FLAC to AIFF I use xACT. I rarely run Windows, but you can use fre:ac to convert FLAC to WAV and other formats. Both are free to download and use.

If you're a Linux guy, you can use FFMPEG to convert from FLAC to WAV. For example, you can put this into a shell script to do the job:

#!/bin/bash
for i in *.flac
do
ffmpeg -i "$i" "${i/.flac/.wav}"
done

Next, once its in AIFF or WAV format, you can use just about anything to burn a CD with the files: iTunes, Windows Media Player, Brasero, ImgBurn, Nero, whatever.. If its a studio album, you'll probably want to include a 2 second delay between tracks when burning the CD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felixrox