"Pop" songs with some appeal to the metal

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
What's your favorite? Not a guilty pleasure per se, but I'm sure everyone knows a few songs that have appeal to our crowd. Male or female vocalists. No judgement on this thread, please :)

Considering the amount of Within Temptation fans around here, these two came to mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
RIOT! by Paramore is a fucking classic. Decode is definitely a great tune too, but it really bothers me how the band became "indie rock" or whatever after that record.

Hopefully I won't get laughed out of here, but I really enjoyed Rick Springfield's last release, Songs For The End Of The World.. Definitely pop, definitely rock, and a bit of a guilty pleasure. Pretty good for a 64 year old.

Nothing to laugh aout Rick. The guy rocks. I actually like the previous comeback album Venus in Overdrive a little more than the latest album but both have great songs no doubt.

One that comes to mind is this song by Darren Hayes from Savage Garden. It's a couple of years old now but it's got a sort of epic rock vibe to it towards the end with great melodies. Now the question is would you follow that chick over the edge?

I like this band they make fun songs. Goth pop punk rock. Interesting vids too.

Sorry guys, I just don't "dig" Paramore. With that said, I can appreciate a good hook and chorus...I mentioned them on another thread recently, but more fitting here...

~Brian~

Maybe it was his hair metal street cred or time with The Marvelous 3, but Butch Walker always seems to have a strong following in metal circles despite moving pretty far away from hard rock in recent years.

Maybe it was his hair metal street cred or time with The Marvelous 3, but Butch Walker always seems to have a strong following in metal circles despite moving pretty far away from hard rock in recent years.

I think Butch Walker is a friggin' genius.....I've been a fan since the Marvelous 3 days.