PP VIII wishlist

I saw someone mentioned A.C.T and I had never heard them, but now that I have I feel I am slowly becoming addicted to it. I noticed they have a cd coming out on Inside Out, so I will probably just pick that one up, but they sound like they'd be a cool band to see live.

Empress said:
Well, if it can be on a band's contract to only play old stuff, in this case, I'll agree to have Lacuna Coil. It's impossible, even if this is just a "wish list" afterall. I don't think their newer albums are terrible, just not in comparison with earlier Rhapsody, but good enough to select the few good ones and play live. But I'm pretty sure they would go back to the first album if they played at PP. Which by the way, we need more RHAPSODY votes!! :Shedevil: Even if this will never happen.. :cry:

As far as a Dark Moor reuinion, that's impossible because they never broke up. I don't think the band will tell Alfredo to step off the stage a couple of songs so Elisa can sing. I don't think it will EVER happen, as much as they ruled with her.

For the two of you above requesting Thy Majestie, well, I think that would be easy. ;)

Hey Vanessa. I agree with getting Rhapsody on here even though someone said it would never happen because theyre too big:) I hope that's wrong, but besides that, and I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, but how did Darkmoor not breakup or have a change in line up in going from Elisa to Alfredo and adding a new bassist and drummer and all? I listen to the music but find it difficult to keep up on the relationships and the behind the scenes stuff, so I always love hearing about that sort of thing. If you could explain a bit, what do you means? Hey and don't you know like everybody, including Fabio, so mayby you can just ask him to come to ProgPower for all of us? Please?:)

Empress said:
Well, if it can be on a band's contract to only play old stuff, in this case, I'll agree to have Lacuna Coil. It's impossible, even if this is just a "wish list" afterall. I don't think their newer albums are terrible, just not in comparison with earlier Rhapsody, but good enough to select the few good ones and play live. But I'm pretty sure they would go back to the first album if they played at PP. Which by the way, we need more RHAPSODY votes!! :Shedevil: Even if this will never happen.. :cry:

As far as a Dark Moor reuinion, that's impossible because they never broke up. I don't think the band will tell Alfredo to step off the stage a couple of songs so Elisa can sing. I don't think it will EVER happen, as much as they ruled with her.

For the two of you above requesting Thy Majestie, well, I think that would be easy. ;)

Hmm they wouldn't tell Alfredo to let Elisa sing? Man, all they gotta do is say "step off suka foo"!? So I'd think it would be pretty easy to say, since it's only like 4 words and all:)

steelreign said:
Man, enough with the repeat bands already! Don't you think it's time some other more than worthy bands get some stage time for chrissakes?!

WOLF... pure Heavy Metal!
IRON SAVIOR - Piet's ready, and so am I... \m/
ASTRAL DOORS
ICARUS WITCH - it's time...
HIBRIA ... the best band you've never heard
COMMUNIC
VIRON

RAM ...killer German true Heavy Metal
PREDATOR ... ditto above
OVERLORDE - true U.S. Metal!
HEATHEN ... Gods!
AGENT STEEL

It's time add some real balls of steel to the fest and stop hoping for all this keyboard wanking, happy-happy, 1000MPH pseudo-metal.... but that's just my opinion. :kickass:

Um wait this is called the "ProgPower" festival, not the "Mostly crappy bands" festival.

Enchant
Threshold
Pagan's Mind
VandenPlas
Riverside

(and I'll echo that post DrumRman put up somewheres - Red Circuit for the preparty - these guys kick ass)

Burke said:
Enchant
Threshold
Pagan's Mind
VandenPlas
Riverside

(and I'll echo that post DrumRman put up somewheres - Red Circuit for the preparty - these guys kick ass)
Ditto to ALL of that, plus:
  • Chyna Blue (Eric Ragno is the man!)
  • To-Mera (what little I've heard so far, sounds great! I'm going to get the new album!)
  • Tarot (great songs, big catalog, and we know how great Marco is on stage!)
  • Sonata Arctica (they put on a great show at the Culture Room in Ft. Laud in Feb!)
  • Redemption (that CD was nothing short of awesome! Every song was great, no filler!)
  • Opeth (the only Death Metal band that I'd recommend, because they go beyond that with their prog influence, plus they kicked ass at Gigantour!)
  • Stream of Passion (I got the DVD and they put on a great show! Marcela, her sister and Damien Wilson sang great! Plus they do Aryeon songs! It's they only viable way we can get Arjen there, since Glenn said that Aryeon would be too expensive.)
Repeats (Yeah I know these are a long shot and will incur bitching, because they've played before and/or the # of times that they've played.)
  • Nightwish (if they have a new singer and an album recorded by then)
  • Kamelot (they have some great songs and there's KAHN!!!)
  • Symphony X (they should have a new album out by then and they're one of the very TOP prog metal bands!!! Sir Russell Allen is my favorite singer!)
  • Zero Hour (they're great and I need to get schooled by Jasun's bass playin' again!!!:headbang: Plus, I'm so pissed that I missed the first couple of songs!:mad: )
  • Pyramaze (they didn't play "The Journey" damn it! :p)
  • Circus Maximus (I know that they played the past couple of years, but they put on such a great show! CM for a 3-peat!)
  • Dreamscape (did you hear that new song on the sampler? They'll have a out new album before then as well!)
  • Evergrey (I know that this is asking way too much, but I can never get enough EG in concert!!!)
Note that these are in no particular order of importance. I'll add more as I remember or discover new bands.

Seventh Circle (new album kicks ass)
Cloudscape (dito as above)
Icarus Witch
Sphere of Souls (if they promise to put more guitar solo's on the next record)
Symph X
Sieges Even (you really need to see this band live !!)
Pantommind
Jon Oliva's Pain (confirmed as headliner for PP Europe 2007!!)
Outworld (with new vocalist)
Twisted Into Form
Beautiful Sin
Beyond Twilight
Steve Vai

Well, that's enough for one year I guess....
Please leave out the stuff with death/harch vocals !!!

Unca Kev said:
[*]Tarot (great songs, big catalog, and we know how great Marco is on stage!)

Everybody knows the guys rock! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Check out their live pix:
http://www.vedenpaa.com/eldiablo/gallery/index.php?view=events&band_id=37

I really wonder why they still don't get the chance to play anywhere else but Finland.

Unca Kev said:
Repeats (Yeah I know these are a long shot and will incur bitching, because they've played before and/or the # of times that they've played.)
  • Nightwish (if they have a new singer and an album recorded by then)
  • Evergrey (I know that this is asking way too much, but I can never get enough EG in concert!!!)

Agreed! :heh: :heh:

Unca Kev said:
Cool pics! But there's one set of pics missing...ones with the PP banner behind them! :headbang: :kickass: :heh:

Yeah, right!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Check this out, if you get the opportunity:

"Zachary Hietala
"Tarot

"Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:45 pm Post subject: Tarot on radio!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can hear some new material from us on Finnish metalradio program "called "Metalliliitto", on thursday between 22 to 24pm.
(Finnish time, of course!)

"The link for the page is here.
"http://www.yle.fi/ylex/index.php?id=8195