PPUSA X - MAJOR ROSTER CHANGES

Needless to say we are absolutely gutted about this news. We had been looking forward to this for almost a year, and given the line up changes and issues we have had this year it was set to be one of the high points of 2009.

Flights had been booked...so unfortunately that's £1500 down the drain as well.

I'm so sorry for everyone who was looking forward to our first appearance in the US but there was absolutely nothing we could do about this......Tomorrow's Eve, Andre Matos and Vanden Plas also had the same problem.

The decision made by the US authorities meant that we didn't even get as far as interviews at the US embassy in London...so basically we just got unlucky with whoever reviewed our case in the US.

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to play again in the future.

So.....what the hell will be the next bit of bad news this year?????

Just found about that on the PQ's Twitter...I just can't believe it! It's the second time for VP btw. I would like to know how the US authorities would justify their decisions. I bet it has something to do with you all you guys looking like terrorists without beards!

With this constant rate of rejection, wouldn't it be better that PP festivals only hosted bands from their respective home countries to save fans and promoters headaches and heartbreaks?

Bring on PP LONDON I!

No way! Steve, I am absolutely gutted for you and the guys. That sucks so much. I know a little bit about work visas in the UK, and it is a nerve-wracking thing, but the Americans just seem so damned over-protective. Maybe they thought that PQ represented a threat to National Security. B******s.

Flights had been booked...so unfortunately that's £1500 down the drain as well.

The decision made by the US authorities meant that we didn't even get as far as interviews at the US embassy in London...so basically we just got unlucky with whoever reviewed our case in the US.

FFS! My sympathies go to the US fans that would really suck to have your PQ debut cancelled. Those fuckers with the red tape eh? Not even a decent reason for being denied the useless prats :mad:

PQ is out of luck this year :(

God, this just isn't Power Quest's year. This really blows.

That is just terrible!
Sorry that happened.

I know that Prog Power likes to announce the lineups far in advance, which is great for advertising.

At the same time though, isn't it a risk if all the visas for overseas bands are not yet finalized????????

It's a real luck of the draw thing ultimately.

The process has really tightened up though.....previously you could pre-book your interviews at the US Embassy prior to actually getting the confirmation number from the US officials. Now, you cannot. In some ways that's a good thing as there was a $100 admin fee per interview. It would have been at that point that we would have had background checks done, fingerprints etc

I can only assume that the reviewer who didn't approve us and the rest of the unlucky bands either had an axe to grind or was just a jobsworth.

Either way, it's done now.....hopefully we will have better luck with future US missions

Damn right, I'll be waiting for the day you get a full-fledged US tour going and I will have one hell of a time at the gig!

Absolutely gutted about this, and I wasn't even going. Just gutted for the guys really, and the US fans. At first I couldn't believe what I was reading, after all the recent happenings.

The Quest must go on though, as Steve says, and i've no doubt that the band will bounce back stronger than ever!

P.S. ForgottenGlory, it was me who contacted you the other day about The Outsiders Myspace!

So.....what the hell will be the next bit of bad news this year?????

PQ are having a terrible time recently! This must really suck for you Steve, at least your fans are still here.
Is Oliver Staying with PQ? i read you were having trouble scheduling time due to his engagements with Tarja and Blind Guardian. I'm half expecting that news to come soon :erk: hopefully not
I agree with the other comments. You are definitely due some karma payback very soon :headbang: