The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Congrats to Shane for a job well done.

Glenn H.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 24, 2004

PROPOWER USA V PRE-PARTY ANNOUNCED

ATLANTA The Eleven50 in Atlanta will host a ProgPower USA V pre-party on Thursday, September 16.

The show will feature the North American debut from the Netherlands Sun Caged, Outworld (featuring guitar virtuoso Rusty Cooley), and local Atlanta band Halcyon's Way. Further details on the pre-party are available at www.progpowerusa.com.

ProgPower USA V will take place the following two days Friday, September 17 and Saturday, September 18 - at Earthlink Live. The show will be headlined by current and former members of Savatage, uniting for one night only, along with Edguy, Kamelot, Pain of Salvation, Wuthering Heights, Dreamscape, Adagio, Brainstorm, Tad Morose, and Into Eternity.

Tickets will go on sale May 1 via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 tickets will be made available to the public once again. Gold Badges (special patron tickets) are already sold-out. Tickets for the 1,500-seat venue have sold out within two weeks for the past two shows.

Sabian, Pacific Drums, Evan Drumheads, Planet Waves, Shure Microphones, and D'Addario are sponsoring ProgPower USA V.

The ProgPower fest is the perfect opportunity to showcase an emerging brand like Pacific Drums and Percussion, said Scott Donnell, Pacific Drums Director of Marketing. Progressive rock/metal players are very serious when it comes to their music and their instrument, and we've really valued the feedback we've received from some of prog metal's finest drummers.

"ProgPower continually brings some of the top prog bands to one of the best festivals around," said Mike Robinson, J. D'Addario's Evans brand manager. "We have been sponsoring ProgPower now for three years and the festival, exposure, and bands keep getting better and better!"

Sun Caged !!! Wow...how did you pull this off? I picked them for the big show & you've got em in an even closer & more personal setting...phenomenal to say the least. Now I've gotta see if I can arrange another day off work! Kudos to those involved !

That's incredible that Sun Caged will be playing the pre-party. Hey Marcel, how about a little Lemur Voice!!!!!!! Solilicide, Solilicide, Solilicide.... This is fantastic news and will make this event even more special this year!!! Will Sun Caged be closing that night or what???

OK, it's 7:30 on a Saturday morning and now my neighbors are awake from my screams of "Yes, Yes!" I have been listening to Suncaged ever since I heard them on the PP4 compilation cd last year. Awesome job, Glenn!!!
Cindy

Unbelievable! This has been one of my favorite CD's of the year-- I didn't make it last year for the pre-party, but this will confirm my attendance!! Can't believe you got an overseas band for this!! This is going to be such an awesome fest..

Bryant said:
Kudos to Glenn and Shane. Obviously Sun Caged is a cool band, but I would be willing to bet this local band will be good as well.

I've seen Halcyon Way a few times now, and I like them a lot. They have kind of a Fates Warning-ish vibe to them. Anyhow, their website is www.halcyonway.com (imagine that!) and they have some music samples at www.halcyonway.com/music.html

though a note on those songs: I spoke with their guitarist tonight at the (FUCKING AWESOME) Exodus show and he said that they have a new vocalist now, who apparently sounds "somewhere between Chris Cornell and Geoff Tate", as opposed to the vocalist on the songs on the website, who sounds more like John Bush.

Ryan