Preorder Zero Hour "Specs Of Pictures Burnt Beyond"

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
We are now accepting preorders on Zero Hour's fourth album "Specs Of Pictures Burnt Beyond". This disc features new vocalist Chris Salinas, formerly of Power Of Omens. The band just performed for the third time at ProgPower and will be launching their first ever East Coast tour in early November.

The official street date is October 10th. Up until street date we will be offering the CD at a special price.

Visit our website at www.lasercd.com

Got it at ProgPower and LOVE it!

Chris is a perfect addition to the ZH sound. :headbang: Be sure to check out "I Am Here"...I get chills from the first note of this song and the goosebumps don't subside for several minutes after the song is over.

Also, ZH is performing in Houston, TX on Saturday October 28.

So, were the images burnt by the laser, or were they all ready aflame when the pyramid found them?

Oh...the album fucking kills. "Evidence of the Unseen" is great.

At the show, I was a bit overwhelmed by the new music. It was simply too much to absorb.

1st time I spun the disc, I was disappointed.

2nd time I spun the disc I thought, "Alright, it's not bad."

3rd time I spun the disc I thought, "This is pretty good."

4th time I spun the disc I thought, "This is really good."

I'm spinning it again as I type this (3rd time today) and I realize this is a brilliant disc. Whether it can top Towers of Avarice, I can't say at this point. In fairness, no other Prog Metal disc can top Towers, so it may be unfair to use that as the measuring stick.

One other matter of note... with each spin I grow more and more fond of Chris' vocals. I walked away from his performance on the last Power of Omens CD thinking, "Tate clone". However, I didn't spend too much time with that CD as I didn't care for the music. After having spun the new CD half a dozen times I've come to recognize that there are very few cats who can hang with Chris (in respect to pure technical ability). It's clear now why the Zero Hour boys wanted him.

Zod

FataMorgana said:
Chris is a perfect addition to the ZH sound. :headbang: Be sure to check out "I Am Here"...I get chills from the first note of this song and the goosebumps don't subside for several minutes after the song is over.

"I am Here" is a beautiful and very intimate song. I love trying to harmonize with Chris' voice when driving in my car. That's where's it's been for the last two weeks. Of course, I've got it ripped to iTunes on my computer so I can listen to it all day at work!

I'd love to know what moment in Chris' life inspired that song - the moment he knew who he was, accepted/at peace with who he was, and knew he was "here" to live his life - free from whatever opinions others may have of him. Isn't that what we all seek in life? If not, it should be. :)

Michael TEOF said:
I already got mine... and it is freakin' amazing.

It's all about "Evidence of the Unseen." Riff of the mother F'N YEAR!!

The Michael

Same here and I do agree! It is an excellent album! I when I see them again later this November, I'll have to get them to sign it.

The Fiddler said:
"I am Here" is a beautiful and very intimate song. I love trying to harmonize with Chris' voice when driving in my car. That's where's it's been for the last two weeks. Of course, I've got it ripped to iTunes on my computer so I can listen to it all day at work!

I'd love to know what moment in Chris' life inspired that song - the moment he knew who he was, accepted/at peace with who he was, and knew he was "here" to live his life - free from whatever opinions others may have of him. Isn't that what we all seek in life? If not, it should be. :)

I'm getting goosebumps just THINKING about the song....crazy! :loco:

I'd like to know more about the inspiration for the song too....maybe we can get Chris to enlighten us.

Stacy

SharkBlack said:
I keep going around singing SOMETHING'S GOING TO DIE!!!:lol:

Damn right something is!!! :heh:

ZeroHour_010.jpg