Problems with PP DVD

its still lowest denominator... watching a standard definition dvd in an hdtv plasma screen will still give you standard definition unless the dvd player you use "upconverts" the image.

The video compression artifacts are just as apparent on my PC as it is with my TV (nearly un-watchable). I will will try it on the 2nd TV with an older DVD player and also give it a try on 360. I'll take some shots of what it looks like when viewing just to see if anyone elses is as bad as mine.

Yeah, I was noticing the same pixelations and wondering if thre was something wrong with my DVD player but didn't have a chance to try it else where yet. I'll also check out the progressive scan feature (how appropriate a name).

I opted for the progressive-scan DVD player instead of the power-scan model. Silly me, but I've always been more of a proghead. :lol:

I have the same wavy-lines problem....nearly unwatchable on my DVD player, but somewhat improved (and watchable) on my relatively new laptop.

THe only issues I had were the little hiccup in one of Epica's aongs and the fact Zak Stevens redid his vocals. I am VERY disappointed in Zak for doing this. I am contemplating playing the cds the songs appear on at the same time as the dvd just to see if they are taken from that.

THe only issues I had were the little hiccup in one of Epica's aongs and the fact Zak Stevens redid his vocals. I am VERY disappointed in Zak for doing this. I am contemplating playing the cds the songs appear on at the same time as the dvd just to see if they are taken from that.

I really think that they mixed in the studio versions of both songs. I had originally thought "Evermore" was live, but I watched it closer over the weekend and heard a snare drum beat at one point that was not visible.

Let us know what you find out.

I really think that they mixed in the studio versions of both songs. I had originally thought "Evermore" was live, but I watched it closer over the weekend and heard a snare drum beat at one point that was not visible.

Let us know what you find out.
that is EXACTLY what my wife thinks. I was concentrating so much on Zak's vocals I was not looking at the others.