PROG OR POWER [3 OPTION] POLL REDUX

Prog or Power

• I'm ALL about the Power!

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I'm mostly Power, but like a little Prog.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I'm a little more Power than Prog.

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • I'm 50/50 Power and Prog. It's ALL good!

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • I'm a little more Prog than Power.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I'm mostly Prog than Power.

Votes: 31 23.5%
  • I'm ALL about the Prog!

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

Unca Kev

Bass Player & Music Pimp
Mar 17, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
Enough people, including Glenn, asked for a redo of the Prog or Power poll, so I'll be the bastard and post the almost redundant thread/poll. I'm sure that someone will let me know what I didn't include (I made this after 5am EST), so let us know and maybe someone will make the Prog or Power Poll v 3.0!:p

I'm a little more Prog than Power. Although if you asked me a couple or few years ago, I'd have said mostly Prog. This festival has expanded my horizons.

EDIT: I decided to make it a 7 option poll instead. But I couldn't change the thread title after I submitted it.

I'm about neither.

I'm about the most professional metal show I've ever been to that's only 150 miles away from my house. That and a gold-badge holder with a spare badge lives right next door-- a perk my realtor didn't tell me about when we bought our house 5 years ago.

I'm about neither.

I'm about the most professional metal show I've ever been to that's only 150 miles away from my house. That and a gold-badge holder with a spare badge lives right next door-- a perk my realtor didn't tell me about when we bought our house 5 years ago.

MR. ROGERS:headbang: :kickass:

I like them separated mostly. I like my power metal and my prog rock each on its own, some crossover is admissable like in early Angra, Angel Dust or Manigance. But in general terms I like Hammerfall to sound like them and The Flower Kings to sound idem, not much of a band like sound of a mixture.

I like both, but I am more Prog than Power. I like prog metal and prog rock equally.

An observation I made in the old thread - it seems that the online community leans more towards Prog, but taking the "real world" into account too, people lean WAY more towards power (I'm talking numbers - concert ticket sales, album sales, etc.).

An observation I made in the old thread - it seems that the online community leans more towards Prog, but taking the "real world" into account too, people lean WAY more towards power (I'm talking numbers - concert ticket sales, album sales, etc.).
I agree that here on the PP forum, Prog is more the favorite. Definitely outside of that, Power is more popular. Right now, I see that the line graphs are almost a perfect mirror, except with respect to the 2 "most" categories, in which Prog is the favorite (17/12 Prog to Power).

One thing that I've consistently seen is that most people are more or less in the middle. Not too many absolute Prog or Power fans.

Someone on the other post was absolutely right, we should focus on the single band, not on the genre.

It's not a matter of genre it's a matter of music quality, i like many bands, big ones surfing the big waves or just little bands down the beach waiting for the right one (because they don't surf goofy and left one's would be backside :lol: )

The thing that makes the difference is Quality, it doesn't mean perfect recordings billions spent in mastering someplace far or simply technical monsters.

I mean people who have the will (and the ability as well) to write qualitative music, good sense of gentle passages, sense of tempo (mood) sense of what they want to communicate.

These qualities are rare, but they are found in power, in prog, in classical, in every genre, it is the Artist's Kingdom we name a genre.

I adore the Artist's Kingdom, i adore the uniqueness of the King of the land. If the King does what i expect him to do (according to a genre) he's got no uniqueness, i'd better move someplace else !

Don't know if i was able to explain what i meant in english, hope you got the thing.

Cya and

Never Stop Dreaming !!!