PROG OR POWER [3 OPTION] POLL REDUX

Prog or Power

• I'm ALL about the Power!

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I'm mostly Power, but like a little Prog.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I'm a little more Power than Prog.

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • I'm 50/50 Power and Prog. It's ALL good!

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • I'm a little more Prog than Power.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I'm mostly Prog than Power.

Votes: 31 23.5%
  • I'm ALL about the Prog!

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
Good point. For us, that should be the #1 consideration. We shouldn't be prejudiced towards a band, because they're not in the genres we usually listen to. But for Glenn, this poll could provide at least some valuable data.

I personally listen to many genres and sub-genres, metal or otherwise. For example, earlier I checked out a Necrophage song (on a recommendation from another thread), even though I'm not a fan of death metal. I liked the technical metal aspect, not the growls, since I couldn't understand them.

I'm a little more Power than Prog. In general I like a good kick ass power song to rock out to, but I'm expanding my horizons as well (with help from folks on the forum and the PP festival) so I'm cultivating my tastes for more progressive metal or at least more power metal with progressive elements. :headbang:

I'm equal in both. I got into metal initially on melodic death, power-thrash, and pure power.

I like my Freedom Call, and I like my Dream Theater. In the end about equally.

I'll go from saying, "God this prog shit is just the best... why do I listen to that power."

Then I'll listen to a good power metal album and go, "Go damn that was so much fun to listen to, that's why I listen to power."

---

Besides that. I listen to a lot of thrash, death (usually more technical or melodic), some doom, and avant garde.

well i like them both, but there are definatly a higher number of bands listed under power that i like. i havent really been introduced to a good prog band i havent liked though, so it could be just that ive had much more exposure to power.

i guess id say mostly power, though it could be misleading

It's funny that the bar graph is almost making the metal horns gesture now! :headbang:
PowervProgMetalHornBarGraph.jpg

It's funny that the bar graph is almost making the metal horns gesture now! :headbang:
PowervProgMetalHornBarGraph.jpg

I'm not voting just so the graph keeps looking like "the moloch"

Anyone, I'd be Mostly Avant-Strange with Black, Death, Doom, Prog, Trad, Rock, and even a little hiphop, country, jazz, classical, and pop.

Ironically, the only things I tire of quickly are Thrash and Power :lol: :lol: