Prog Power USA IX House Music

gabbo1928

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2006
Warren, MI
www.gabbo.net
For those interested, here is the complete list of the house music from this year's show:

Revolution Renaissance - Revolution Renaissance
Hollenthon - Son Of Perdition
Poodles, The - Seven Seas
Brainstorm - Fire Walk With Me
Shinedown - Sound of Madness
Disturbed - Enough
Rage - Gentle Murders
Matos, Andre - Rio
Voyager - Higher Existence
Falconer - Carnival of disgust
Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
Hardcore Superstar - Dreamin' In A Casket
Slipknot - Psychosocial
Eyefear - Bridge to the Past
Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire
Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
Zero Hour - Dark Deceiver
Myrath - Last Breath
Royal Hunt - High Noon At The Battlefield
Dane, Warrel - Messenger
Amaseffer - Slaves For Life
Pyramaze - A Beautiful Death
Hangar - Hastiness
Communic - On Ancient Ground
Mercenary - Embrace The Nothing
Serenity - Velatum
Testament - More Than Meets The Eye
Evergrey - These scars
Turisas - To Holmgard And Beyond
Jorn - Promises
Sabaton - Cliffs of Gallipoli
Into Eternity - Diagnosis terminal
Draconian - Seasons Apart
Nation Beyond - In The Ashes
Starbreaker - Love's dying wish
Votum - The Pun
Circle II Circle - Soul Breaker
Orden Ogan - The Lords Of The Flies
Whitesnake - Can You Hear The Wind Blow
Cloudscape - Cloak And Daggers
Leverage - Mr Universe
Power Quest - Cemetary Gates
Extreme - Comfortably Dumb
Suspyre - Possession
Nightwish - The Escapist
Tomorrow's Eve - Succubus
Almah - Birds of Prey
Firewind - Into The Fire
Scar Symmetry - Morphogenesis

Riverside provided their own music to fill the gap during their set change on Friday night.

There was also a Kamelot promo video for their current tour, which played between some of the later sets on Saturday, in addition to the house music.

Cool! Thanks. I've heard that Amaseffer track and friggan loved it, thus resulting in me buying that album. Also heard the Tomorrow's Eve one, but nobody seemed to have that album it was on (I was under the impression it wasn't released yet). Oh well, I'll have to just order it up through the 'net.

Was anyone at PP USA responsible for the house music during the Gamma Ray / Helloween show? I noticed they played Hardline's Hot Cherie and Hard To Love by Harem Scarem. Man, waiting to see Gamma Ray with Harem Scarem as the house music was a cool little shin dig in itself.

what was up with liberi fatali being the intro for spheric universe experience? was definitely interesting, considering its the intro to final fantasy 8

Thanks for posting this! Were you the one responsible for the house music? If so, a very big thank you.

As in the past, Glenn provides the list of stuff he wants on the house music, I just assemble it all, record/mix in voiceovers at the end (so people can identify bands they like), and get it all ready for the show. Thank Glenn for the awesome choices, there was a lot of good stuff in there.

Was anyone at PP USA responsible for the house music during the Gamma Ray / Helloween show? I noticed they played Hardline's Hot Cherie and Hard To Love by Harem Scarem.

None of our house music was used on Thursday night; I assume the music was provided by the Hellish Rock tour, or by the venue.

Any idea what the intro music for Mustasch was? Nice and epic.

Quite a few of the bands had intro music (including SUE and Mustasch, as noted), but that was provided by the bands, so I'm really not sure what the intro tracks were. If it is a known piece of music, someone on the boards may be able to identify it if you ask. In some cases, it may not be a pre-existing piece; I suspect that the music played during Riverside's set change was composed/mixed by the band (or someone close to it). It was being played off their soundboard operator's laptop.

Thanks for all the positive comments, and apologies to everyone whose wallets we decimated by exposing you to new bands.

I thought I heard Hot Cherie by Hardline played a couple of times but I forget which night.

That was Thursday, I believe. But it sounded a little "harder" than Hardline's version (admittedly, I haven't heard that album in years), and I was wondering if it was them or someone else. In fact, that was the reason I checked this thread, ha ha.