ProgPower do's, don'ts

FYI (For your information) IMHO= in MY humble OPINION.

Have fun crammed together standing still all weekend in Georgia.Don't forget your corsets!:lol:

Have fun moshing by yourself. Cheers! :headbang:

BILLY.jpg

FYI (For your information) IMHO= in MY humble OPINION.

Thanks for the lessons. Any more arcane knowledge to impart to us, O Sage of the Internets?

Have fun crammed together standing still all weekend in Georgia.Don't forget your corsets!:lol:

Uh, junior......no moshing <> standing still. The back of my head and neck still bear whipmarks from flying, whipping, headbanging hair from LAST year's PPUSA!*

-=-=-
* most of it from Swordlord :lol:

I understand. I just think opression is a huge turn off, and metal was made for moshing to! I know at sold out shows, it's likely to be too constipated to allow it due to lack of space, or liability issues, so I'm sure they have good reasons for it.....but unfortunate, IMHO.

If I do come in the future, I will certainly be more willing to buy my tickets at the last minute. I can't even GIVE the ones I have away at this point (on ebay with OBO op. and NO offers!). :rolleyes: Sad.

Next year I'll likely shoot for locations that are a better value for my money, of course....like San Fran' for BARF, or any festivals in Europe (Wacken for sure!)....and they ALL allow moshing! :heh::kickass::headbang:

Rock on!

There wasn't any moshing at BARF.

Also, Wacken is VEEEEEEEERY different from BARF and PPUSA in terms of the music...I really can't see anybody moshing during most of these sets.

I understand. I just think opression is a huge turn off, and metal was made for moshing to! I know at sold out shows, it's likely to be too constipated to allow it due to lack of space, or liability issues, so I'm sure they have good reasons for it.....but unfortunate, IMHO.

If I do come in the future, I will certainly be more willing to buy my tickets at the last minute. I can't even GIVE the ones I have away at this point (on ebay with OBO op. and NO offers!). :rolleyes: Sad.

Next year I'll likely shoot for locations that are a better value for my money, of course....like San Fran' for BARF, or any festivals in Europe (Wacken for sure!)....and they ALL allow moshing! :heh::kickass::headbang:

Rock on!

I can't believe that just because there is a no moshing rule you would not go to a concert, especially ProgPower, but that is your loss. All of us that do go to Progpower are happy with the no moshing rule, as we don't need to slam against each other to have fun. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: Plus I don't believe IMHO that the no moshing rule is oppression, it's just good business sense.

I love how every year we have at least one session of arguments/discussions about the moshing rule.

And I find it very "coincidental" that usually it's a "Regular Forum/PP Goes x Newbie-who-wants-to-mosh".

Ahhhh, the wonders of the ProgPower forum. I couldn't go one single day without logging in here... :lol:

Attention all planets of the solar federation
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

i'm so glad there's a no moshing rule....i hate moshing at *any* show i go to, especially since i prefer to be in the front along the rail when possible. moshers ruined the 2006 Blind Guardian show for me :mad: