ProgPower USA IV

maestro_al

Who Dares Wins
Mar 26, 2002
I know we all have to go through the agony of waiting until November(!) for ProgPower III, but now that the roster is complete (and a fantastic one I might add), how about some hopeful votes for a possible PP IV line-up? How about:

Stratovarius
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Nocturnal Rites
Halford
LOST HORIZON!!!

What do you think? I could throw in Jag Panzer to my list too, but I don't want to sound greedy! ;)

Wish Wish Wish...oh and while I'm wishing, and on a complete side-note, how about a fourth "Dead" movie by George Romero??! Pleeeease?

:zombie:

What do you think? I could throw in Jag Panzer to my list too, but I don't want to sound greedy!

Jag Panzer is currently touring in support of Iced Earth, I thought I saw a NY date or 2 on the list. Maybe you can catch them then.

Yeah we are all pushing it now, but I would have to say

Stratovarius and Helloween as headliners!
Nocturnal Rites somewhere in the middle.
Sentenced- I know they are'nt progpower, but shit gotta see them live at least once!.

Ok, I may be the webmaster, but I have absolutely no say in bands since that is 100% Glenn, so let me post here as a fan! (shut up Glenn!)

Lost Horizon
Nightwish
Stratovarius
Ayreon in some shape/form/fashion

Sun Caged!

Progressive metal from The Netherlands featuring ex-members of Lemur Voice and Within Temptation.

Would love to play PP USA!!

Cheers,

Originally posted by maestro_al
I know we all have to go through the agony of waiting until November(!) for ProgPower III, but now that the roster is complete (and a fantastic one I might add), how about some hopeful votes for a possible PP IV line-up? How about:

Stratovarius
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Nocturnal Rites
Halford
LOST HORIZON!!!

Oh man... I don't mean to be offensive... but I hope to God this lineup does not happen!

Here is my list:

Secret Sphere
Labyrinth
(a reunited) MadSword ( a trio of excellent Italian bands!)
Symphony X (again!)
Evergrey (again!)
Andromeda
Stonehenge
Tad Morose
Wolverine
Ice Age

Grave Digger and Rage!!!!!!!!
also:
Lost Horizon
Vanden Plas (they owe us one)
Brainstorm
Dark Moor
Shadow Gallery
Helloween
Stratovarius
etc.............

I dunno...part of the fun for me is that Glenn lines up bands I haven't listened to yet, and gives me an excuse to check them out. I was really happy to see Symphony X and Kamelot lined up as headliners last year, but it was also cool to pick up discs and get into some of the other bands I didn't yet know, because I knew they were going to be there. This year is turning out exactly the same...I'm VERY psyched about seeing Blind Guardian, Angra, and especially Pain of Salvation...but it's also very cool that I'm getting into Devin Townsend and some of the other stuff I didn't know before.

Not sure I could list out ten prog/power metal bands I'd like to see next year..but even if I could, I don't think I'd want to. Glenn does such a fantastic job without it.

I think Nightwish is impossible for next year. I read today that after their new album is released and they do a summer tour the band will be on hiatus until sometime in 2004. There's info on that at blabbermouth.net.

seriously, you guys really are insane.

who knows what bands will have releases, will be touring or playing shows, will still be together, will be in the studio, etc. in a over a year and a half lol. this years show is still over 7 months away