ProgPower USA IX picture thread

2008_09_bush5.jpg

I have a ton of them, Jenn. I will get them posted right after I finish my Elvenking Set, and I will be emailing the band as well to let them know they are welcome to use them in any way they want. Someone mentioned that there was absolutely NO pictures of them anywhere in the internet. Was that you?

I don't think it was me... and yeah, there aren't tooo many pics of the guys... Fabio mentioned since Alessio joined they've done 10 shows together, so the pickin's may be slim to none... I'm sure with PPUSA and their appearance at PP Europe in a few days, that will be rectified a bit :D

MONDO thanks for the responses guys - I just had a crappy throw away and although I got some ok shots, I want some really great ones to throw in the folder with all the personal ones taken....

I am patient... I can wait and I thank all of you for responding and providing us with KICK ASS pics!!!!

Ok, here is what I have so far, what I consider to be the best of what I've uploaded so far:

2898999443_2a6e022cba.jpg

Clearly Matt Barlow

2899041231_14a8cc2d31.jpg

Aydan and Gorlan from Elvenking

2900214894_90cd11fc6e.jpg

Damnagoras from Elvenking

2900262978_ca0ac90be1.jpg

Damna holding the now infamous "gay sword".

2900214834_00b0f82fd7.jpg

Elyghen from Elvenking.

Yes, a lot of EK photo's so far, but they're the first band I'm trying to process. More to come later on, as I am now photoshopped out.

On topic, I'm disappointed that I can't remove noise well. It seems to have ruined a lot of really great shots. Ahh, the nuances of photography. :)

You can catch the rest of my uploads at http://www.flickr.com/photos/nailz1000/collections/72157607578325481/

On topic, I'm disappointed that I can't remove noise well. It seems to have ruined a lot of really great shots. Ahh, the nuances of photography. :)

the main reason for me to upgrade my camera earlier this year was the high noise level of my old camera, you can fix some with post processing but avoiding noise is better.

there's plenty of free software around that can help you to get rid of a lot of noise in a decent way (i use neatimage, a pro version)

i ran one of your pics through neat image and got rid of some of the noise, even with the small pic to work on, it's a huge difference:

test.jpg

(for the best result get rid of the noise with the pic in it's original size and do some sharpening after that)

find some time for post processing your pics, it will be worth it.....nice shots btw!

H.

Wow, that IS a huge difference. My problem is that I have absolutely no idea what to do with my images post process. I found a noise reduction plugin for photoshop called noiseware, but it costs money and I have no idea how to use it ;) Thanks for the tip though, maybe i'll work on it a bit more. Also thanks for the compliments. :)

I know it will take a while for people to get everything uploaded - and for some of these pros to do any cleanup work - but I have a kinda dumb question.

Will any of this stuff be available to be printed up? I just know that someone is going to post one (or two or three) of the ultimate pics - pics that I am going to want a "real" picture of to send off to the band to get signed - then off to someone for a Christmas present.

Just warning people now - that any pics like the one above of JOP are going to generate an email from me :) Hope you all are ready. Awesome work so far everyone. Can't wait to see the rest.

jeff in colorado

WOW!!!!!!! All the pics are totally awesome!!!! I think l might just have to keep mine for my albums we make for each year we've been to PP, starting with II, after seeing these! They're in the process of being developed right now, but I seriously doubt they'll hold a candle to these.

Wow, that IS a huge difference. My problem is that I have absolutely no idea what to do with my images post process. I found a noise reduction plugin for photoshop called noiseware, but it costs money and I have no idea how to use it ;) Thanks for the tip though, maybe i'll work on it a bit more. Also thanks for the compliments. :)

If you ever want some help on that let me know. While I have never worked with concert photos, I do photo correction on a daily basis at work, along with everything related to design. By the way, I think you were on the same returning flight as me, but I was dying from some crazy fever/hangover so I didn't bother saying anything.