ProgPower USA Kick-Off: Meet Your New Promoter

Congrats Nathan, I am sure you will do a great job.

Shane, thank you for all the GREAT shows over the years!!

Is anyone really surprised that Nathan is the new kickoff promoter? He was a shoe-in! :)

Congrats Nathan!

Shane, you've done an excellent job all these years.

I couldn't be more pleased overall. :)
That's what I was thinking. All the best, Nathan. I'm sure you'll rock it!!

Cool. I will always be very appreciative to Shane for stepping in after a somewhat disappointing pre-party on Thursday night in 2001, and starting in 2002, consistently delivering a great pre-party / showcase / kick-off. Thanks again, man!

While I have never had the opportunity to travel to Minnesota, one can only be impressed with the number and quality of acts that Nathan has brought there over the years. I also thoroughly enjoyed the ProgPower Wednesday night Ross The Boss show show that Nathan co-promoted a couple years ago, and I'm certainly looking forward to finding out what will be happening on Thursday night in 2013.

Also, I've run into Nathan a few times over the many years of the fest (most recently on the train from the airport and while walking to the hotel last week), and he's always been a cool, down-to-earth guy. As someone already mentioned here, I have no doubt at all that he will do right by the bands and the fans, and I'm looking forward to a killer Thursday show next year!

Hey, awesome! That's great news, I was very, very sad to miss this year's kickoff (I was lucky to even get Friday and Saturday off, it was a near thing!), but I fully intend to be there come hell or high water next year! Looking forward to what you're going to bring. I still remember your story about the black metal band that shit all over their dressing room at one of your shows up north!

Thanks for all the great shows Shane and very cool on Nathan taking over! I look very forward to what he will bring to the Kick-Off, cheers!!!

I am pretty much going to parrot what everybody else already said.

First, thanks Shane for all the awesome showcases that I got to see in the past. Second, I am not surprised that Nathan would be slotted in to take over the duties for the showcase. I know Nathan and feel he can certainly step up to the plate. Hell, he friggan chewed me out when I told him I was in Minneapolis this past summer and why the hell did I not call him up? Well, now that I got your friggan number, I can call you up the next time I am there!

To be honest, I would not be surprised if Glenn ultimately ends up grooming Nathan to eventually take over the entire ProgPower operation. Of course, that is speculation, but if Glenn ever does decide to hang it all up, hopefully there would be somebody like Nathan that would be willing to step in and to continue what is turning out to be the ultimate in live music experiences for me and many others on here.

Good luck Nathan and looking forward to what you will bring to the stage here. You got my 100% support!

If anyone can fill Shane's metaphorically big shoes, it's the man whose shoes are literally the same size! I look forward to seeing what you bring to the Showcase, Nathan. Congratulations!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

As someone who has been the fan beneficiary of most of those awesome shows that Nathan has brought to Minnesota, I am quite confident the Showcase is in good hands. Minnesota is in a weird spot because we are 7-8 hours from the nearest large city (Chicago), so we get skipped for a lot of tours. Nathan makes sure that's *not* the case for all of the major power metal tours, often at the detriment of his pocketbook. Here's an extreme example: remember Gamma Ray's first US tour in 2006? They played the East Coast, the West Coast, and......Minnesota. That doesn't happen - period - without Nathan. Just look at the cities they played below; it's ASTONISHING that they played in Minnesota! And he lost money to make that happen. Lucky for us fans! \m/

Gamma Ray 2006 tour:
Apr. 30 - Worcester, MA
May 01 - New York, NY
May 02 - Springfield, VA
May 04 - Toronto, ON
May 05 - Quebec, QU
May 06 - Montreal, QU
May 09 - Santa Ana, CA
May 10 - Los Angeles, CA
May 12 - St. Paul, MN

WOW!!! I truly appreciate everyone's kind, kind words. I am looking forward to this opportunity and 2013 will not disappoint.

Just to reiterate - THANKS TO SHANE for all of his amazing work over the past years. DAMN have we seen some great bands thanks to him!

Some truly touching comments here, just nice to know that my extreme, fanboyish love of this music has not gone unnoticed. This music has changed my life, definitely for the better. Looking forward to continuing the grand tradition of the Kick-Off/Showcase/Pre-Party/NightwishFest.

UGH, I'm dying to announce my headliner but all in due time. Have one more band to confirm and then everyone will be exposed to the glory that will be ... KICK-OFF 2013!

Thursday, 9/5/2013 -- make a note everyone -- you will NOT want to miss this one -- absolutely guarantee it!

I was the first to bring some of our favorite metal bands into Minnesota including BLIND GUARDIAN, SYMPHONY X, EDGUY, RHAPSODY, KAMELOT, PAGAN’S MIND, EPICA, AFTER FOREVER, SONATA ARCTICA, HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, FINNTROLL, TURISAS, PRIMORDIAL, MOONSORROW and many others.

So...Symphony X, Edguy, and Pagan's Mind for the 2013 showcase? Count me in! :D

Seriously, congratulations...can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve. And many thanks to Shane for all the great memories!