ProgPower USA XI

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed by this. I made a promise to myself to go solely if Nocturnal Rites were announced, and I'm planning to keep that promise. But aside from them and Seventh Wonder, I don't really WANT to see any of these other bands. I've seen Hammerfall and Kamelot before and wasn't thrilled with either show. DGM, Stormwarrior, and Tarot will be cool but I'd be lying if I said I was a huge fan. I'm hoping that Wednesday/Thursday shows will have more things I'm really interested in, so it's easier to justify spending the money.
I am still pretty giddy about the prospect of seeing NR though. :OMG:

Wow! Finally, FINALLY!!! NOCTURNAL RITES!!!!

Awesome line-up, although, admittedly, a bit heavy on the power side. Hey, we had our prog for this year. Time to headbang to some serious power!

Between TYR and Stormwarrior on Friday night, I may have to get my viking roots on! :kickass:

I saw TYR at PaganFest last year and thought they did awesome (although Turisas that totally kicked that night - Hey, wait a minute! Friggan Turisas would be awesome at a future ProgPower! - but I digress)

I honestly cannot remember, but I think I DGM was one of the bands I put in for sponsorship! So needless to say, I was stoked to see that announced!

As for Delain, I found of copy of their CD, April Rain at BEST BUY of all places!! I remember browsing through the CDs and saw that Delain CD, and thinking - "Hey, this looks cool - I'll go grab it!", only to take it home and be totally and utterly blown away at what I heard. So, natually, grabbed their debut album when I saw it at the vendors section.

The only band that I am not familiar with was Oceans of Sadness. I'll hit up the vendors section to see if I can find their CD.

Overall, an awesome lineup that I am already stoked about getting to see next year, barring any major catastrophes. :headbang:

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed by this. I made a promise to myself to go solely if Nocturnal Rites were announced, and I'm planning to keep that promise. But aside from them and Seventh Wonder, I don't really WANT to see any of these other bands. I've seen Hammerfall and Kamelot before and wasn't thrilled with either show. DGM, Stormwarrior, and Tarot will be cool but I'd be lying if I said I was a huge fan. I'm hoping that Wednesday/Thursday shows will have more things I'm really interested in, so it's easier to justify spending the money.
I am still pretty giddy about the prospect of seeing NR though. :OMG:

That's the one benefit of being a local. I had never heard of 6 of these bands before yesterday and I don't have to travel, so I will take the time to get to know them and go to the show even if I don't like 'em that much. It'l be worth it for Nocturnal Rites alone for me.

On a side note, in my head I was convinced that Redemption would be headling one night, with the new album coming out and all.

This will be the first year that I can say I have seen both the headliners previously.

there were only 3 bands I need to look into for next year, either I am getting better at this or there was less prog bands LOL

*shit* this is Venom typing on his wife's laptop

WTF? WHY NO FALCONER.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am intrigued by this lineup. I know exactly half of the bands. The rest sound interesting, so I guess I will be spending more cash today. I wouldn't miss this fest for anything, so I'll be there....

Oh, and Friday night must be kilt nd furry boot night for Tyr's set...

Having heard/owned material of all except Paradox & Oceans of Sadness. l am only interested in 33% of the lineup. Flip Delain & Seventh Wonder...it would be a 1 day event for me with early departure after Tarot.

Having heard/owned material of all except Paradox & Oceans of Sadness. l am only interested in 33% of the lineup. Flip Delain & Seventh Wonder...it would be a 1 day event for me with early departure after Tarot.

Check those 2 out. You might be surprised. I was listening to Paradox during my workout today, great stuff. Going to be one of my highlights I think. Oceans of Sadness was a revisit for me (forgot I had listened to them last November), and they are very good. Going to hopefully get their CD today. They remind me of an Amorphis meets Riverside + their own uniqueness (including various vocal styles).

Oceans of Sadness was a revisit for me (forgot I had listened to them last November), and they are very good. Going to hopefully get their CD today. They remind me of an Amorphis meets Riverside + their own uniqueness (including various vocal styles).

Oh. That sounds good. They're one of the four bands on the roster I haven't heard anything from previously, and Amorphis meets Riverside sounds very promising indeed.

Anything prog-wise I should checkout? I purchased Illusion Suites Final Hour and know Kamelot, Seventh Wonder, Tarot, Delain, and Tyr.
Think that's it. Typing from my DS so it's a pain to double check

Excellent lineup. Seriously. I was a bit surprised at Hammerfall for a headliner, but not having seen them live, I'll go with it. I've just heard they are so so. Then again, Fates for me has never been much live either. Getting to see them either way, and along with the rest of the bands make this one I'll try very hard to make. Too many unknowns for me to commit to it right now though. I mean, I hope it sells out, and hope it doesn't at the same time, know what I mean?

Still.... TYR, Tarot, and Nocturnal Rights!!! I've wanted to see NR for a long time...they are my big draw to the festival, like Sabaton was this year.

Anything prog-wise I should checkout? I purchased Illusion Suites Final Hour and know Kamelot, Seventh Wonder, Tarot, Delain, and Tyr.

DGM is Italian prog metal. I'm not sold on them yet, but you might want to check them out.

Stormwarrior is a good speed/power like early BG/Iron Savior...Heading Northe wasnt that good imho, but Northern Rage was a good cd to grab