ProgPower USA XV Official Roster and videos

Remedy Lane is a perfect choice. I'm hoping that at least one or two former members show up. I'm skeptical of his new band pulling this off. Maybe I'm underestimating his band because Road Salt sucks compared to the past discs.
Overkill was one of my hopes for some future ProgPower. I just mentioned them to my wife Thursday on our way here, telling her that they deserve it.
Jon & Streets? Stunned! I'd love to see one or two former members in tow with him too!
Seventh Wonder is great also. I haven't listened to them as much as they deserve. I own all the cd's, I'm just a slacker. That will change, starting Monday. The only one that I'm not excited about is Stratovarious, but once again, I do own most of their cd's, which I will revisit.
Voodoo Circle, so worthy. Masterplan could surprise. Divided Multitude too!
Some of the smaller bands are a great choice too!

Next year is only 364 days away!

Wow, this lineup slays start to finish for me. I do think there might be some writing on the wall with it though...maybe not, but ENDING with JOP??????? Playing Streets? AND the return of PoS? One has to wonder. Maybe Glenn will address this publicly, maybe not.

Either way, I don't know how any fan of this genre could nitpick this lineup. It TRULY has something for everyone.

I do think there might be some writing on the wall with it though...maybe not, but ENDING with JOP??????? Playing Streets? AND the return of PoS? One has to wonder. Maybe Glenn will address this publicly, maybe not.
That crossed my mind as well, although I hope that it if sells well, he keeps going, but I also couldn't fault him if he's booking XV as the last fest, regardless of sales.

And honestly, if that lineup doesn't sell well, then there's just no longer a viable market for the fest. Short of Blind Guardian playing "Nightfall in Middle Earth" front to back, or something totally unrealistic like Ayreon or Avantasia, there's not much more that Glenn can do to make the festival worth attending.

I agree that if this show doesn't do well in terms of tickets, it likely will be the last one. However, I can't see a show that features Oliva's Pain doing Streets not selling out (or at least coming close). The only way to make that even better would be if Oliva were to announce some former Savatage members sitting in--particularly if it were Caffery.

Otherwise, I'd say this lineup is about as good as you can expect without getting into the levels of making it unaffordable. I had hoped that Iced Earth or Accept would be included (especially Accept, who missed out on Atlanta the last time around), but I'm guessing with the bands they already have, throwing either of those two into the mix would be too expensive

My guess is that Glenn will wait to see what the early sales are like before making any final decisions on whether or not to continue, so if this is something that you want to keep going after next year, you should definitely pick up your tickets sooner rather than later.

I'm reading these forums already for quite some time, followed the festival already for quite some years, never posted though.

Glenn made it worthwile for me to come from Europe to the US to attend the festival. I just can't miss a festival where Streets and Mercy Falls will be played entirely. I hope there are a lot more fans of the genre that will believe that XV makes it worthwile to come from all over the world!

I want to thank Glenn for this incredible line-up. Looking forward to my trip to Atlanta next year!

you had me at OVERKILL. Period. End of Discussion. Biggest 'pop' from the crowd for the Friday roster. Strato' and Seventh Wonder came close, but the Jersey thrashers are in demand by your crowd. Thank You!

then you had me again at JOP with Streets in it's entirety. The naysayers can whine and cry all they want. But Jon is one of the most amazing songwriters of our generation. We need him at ProgPower every few years to remind us who helped start this whole 'progressive & power' genre in the 80's: SAVATAGE.

These two acts alone are worth the ticket price for me if I weren't already on the crew.

add to that the bonuses of Orden Ogan & Masterplan, and I'm sold again.

the returning bands will be fun and interesting with their exclusive appearances and setlists.

and the 2 or 3 (as usual) I'd never heard of before will be cool to learn about over the next year.

someone said it above - this lineup has something for everyone. :kickass:

Amazing (and difficult) Job as always my friend! Cheers to you!

I needed a change of pants after seeing the lineup.

For obvious reasons:
jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

Wow, this lineup slays start to finish for me. I do think there might be some writing on the wall with it though...maybe not, but ENDING with JOP??????? Playing Streets? AND the return of PoS? One has to wonder. Maybe Glenn will address this publicly, maybe not.

I think I can recall a interview with Glenn, where he was asked about what band he would like to finish the last ProgPower USA. I think the answer was Jon Oliva's Pain, or atleast something Oliva-related. If I remember correctly, you can hear it in Milton's audio interview with Glenn last autumn.

Edit: He said it was Jon Oliva playing a piano version of "When the Crowds are Gone".

Anyways, you never know, might be the last one, might not. It's noteworthy to see all the special shows though (Exclusives from JOP, PoS, SW and Pagan's Mind). Might be a hint.

I would love to go to PP USA one year, if I had lived in the States I probably would've done it already. But it's quite a trip from Norway, and it costs. Let's just see, never say never.... It's not longer than a couple of weeks since I discovered Remedy Lane( found it cheap in a store, decided to take a "gamble", as the only song I was familiar with was "Beyond the Pale"), which have blown me away completely. What a fine piece of art.

I also really like "Mercy Falls" and Seventh Wonder in general, one of the bands I would like to see the most.

Leprous, Stratovarius, Withem and DispersE are also good bands it would be interesting to see (have seen Leprous once). The other bands I'm not that familiar with,yet. But looks like a good,solid mix of bands, both new and old. Once again Glenn has booked a line-up to be proud of. I can't remember seeing one bad line-up over all these years :cool:

Excellent lineup. While not every band on here I love, I have to say it's probably one of the better balanced lineups Progpower has had. I especially love the specialness (yeah I know that isn't a word) of the headliners/co-headliners.

Good overall line-up for bands of all genres, and lots of special sets. Gotta think it could be the last one. Great job Glenn.

However I hope Stratovarius cancel. That might one of the worst bands ever. And I actually watched them the last time play the same song for two hours just to say I did it. I know others will enjoy them, but sorry, not me this time.

Oh and Overkill played in Ybor City (Tampa) last year. I was there.

How tactful...
Seriously, there are dozens of civil ways of saying you're not particularly interested in a band, and he chooses the one that directly translates to "Glenn, I hope you suffer from unnecessary stress and lost money because you booked a headliner I'm not a fan of."

When you go into friends' houses and don't like the art hanging on the walls, do you tell them that you hope it catches on fire? Not the house obviously since you apparently like to visit, just the art. :rolleyes:

Calm down ladies. I've seen you all voice your opinion on here many times, no need to get bent over it. And don't tell me what my words translate as. Here, I'll fix it for you: I hope they cancel so Glenn can get someone better for the fest whether I like them or not. I don't wish any stress or ill will on Glenn. I've been 10 times, been a sponsor once, and seen many bands I would've never seen otherwise. If anything I'm eternally grateful to Glenn. So if I don't like the headliners that's my right not to, I come to the fest anyways, and will again next year. I remember standing on the floor with plenty of room around me during Strato's set, and usually that is not the case with a headliner. That's how I remember it so I don't think they're headliner material, and the empty space around me must've agreed. Just my opinion...

I think that this lineup has something for everybody, and I think that it's probably one of, if not THE, best lineups in the history of the festival. I'm stoked.

I don't think it's cool to hope that a band cancels for any reason, because whether or not a better band replaces them, a.) you'll have a lot of disappointed fans who in turn may choose not to come to the fest, and b.) regardless of how much better the replacement band is, it is still a big headache and a huge money issue for Glenn and Co to scramble to find a replacement, and certainly doesn't help the cause for continuing the fest another year. Just my two cents.