Progpowerusa And Helloween

legalman20

Oct 30, 2002
orlando, FL
Visit site
INTERVIEW BY METAL-RULES.COM

Did the people at the ProgPower festival contact you guys to play there? I know that they are pretty famous for getting European bands to come and play who don't normally get to tour over here.
ANDI DERIS-
No, this is actually all in faith on promoters. They are actually offering enough money that we won't have to pay to play. If we break even, we'll play, but if we have to pay, then we won't. Then again, to be totally honest with you, I wouldn't know why I should lie...North America wasn't very important for us. It was definitely not the country that kept us alive.

Yeah, I agree. But I AM glad that they are touring the states once again. And JAG PANZER will lead the way for them in true metal fashion! I talked with Tyrant about the tour, and he is excited about the opportunity. :D

Metal,
Brian

I actually did contact Helloween's management, but never followed up on anything because Nighwish stepped up to the plate first and confirmed. There is only so much money available and I book first come, first serve so to speak.

One of the reasons, that I did not follow up is that there was a rumor of a possible U.S. tour in the fall. I really did not want another Blind Guardian thing to happen where I ended up financing the kick-off of their tour. That still chaps my ass.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I actually did contact Helloween's management, but never followed up on anything because Nighwish stepped up to the plate first and confirmed. There is only so much money available and I book first come, first serve so to speak.

One of the reasons, that I did not follow up is that there was a rumor of a possible U.S. tour in the fall. I really did not want another Blind Guardian thing to happen where I ended up financing the kick-off of their tour. That still chaps my ass.

Glenn H.

Any chance for them to headline next year festival!????
It will surely be a profitable and great opportunity for the festival to show one of the legends of bands in the progressive/power/melodic style.

thanks
brian

I'd personally rather see Masterplan with ex Helloween members than Helloween. For some reason, I just haven't been able to get into them that much, and I love power metal. I guess they're a little too cheesy for me, and I NEVER really say a band is too cheesy for me (and I listen to Rhapsody). I DO like some Helloween songs, but with the exception of Keeper of the Seven Keys 2, I don't like a full album from them.