Question about reviews

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Since we moved over to our new website, reviews submissions have pretty much come to a halt.

If you submitted reviews in the past is there a reason you've stopped? Is the website itself an issue?

Just curious.

Actually Ken,
I did review a few cds and they never showed up? :confused:
Must be website issues.
(also, the spelling & grammar were correct ;)

I approve all the reviews. At first the developers didn't set it up so I would be notified when there was a new review to publish. At one point I did catch up. Now I get notified. Don't know what happened to the Fates review. No record of it.

We are also working on migrating over the reviews from the old website.

Never really thought about it till you asked, but I think I typically never leave my own reviews for music because I personally don’t take any stock in other people’s reviews. Music is such a subjective experience that I based all my purchases on hearing the music myself. I would never buy a CD based solely on someone else’s opinion. That could just be me though.

That isn’t to say that I don’t check out peoples’ reviews for kicks. Honestly, I always forget that you have reviews on your site because they are hidden behind the “Reviews” tab for each CD. On the old site, reviews were always posted under the CD description so they were hard to miss.

I wrote about 5 reviews on the old site. I really haven't reviewed any albums bought from the new site...I've been so busy at work. But I'll try and chip in my 2 cents soon on some of the titles that I have

I wrote a few reviews on the old site. Been waiting to see if they will get moved over eventually so I don't have to write them again.

No real reason I haven't been writing reviews on the new site, except lots of distractions lately.

Tom, everyone is welcome to write reviews.

As long as the developers don't kill me price-wise, the plan is to eventually migrate the old reviews over.