Question about selling music

Wyldechyld

Jordan Guthrie
Jan 22, 2011
Oklahoma, US
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a way to put music on Itunes, Amazon, or even Spotify without having to go through a distributor such as CD Baby. I googled this but I didn't find much helpful information. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time! :)

I think your chances are little to make contracts with itunes etc. directly if you're not a label that puts out stuff regulary.
Try Recordunion, they are cheaper than CD baby and get the stuff out there, too.

LeSedna: there is no way. There are many aggregators like Tunecore, CDBaby, etc. but iTunes will never deal with 100 million morons (aka musicians) directly.

I don't understand the OPs problem. I'm going with Tunecore and their stats, payment methods and timeliness is great and totally worth the few bucks per record.

another option is Reverbnation

$35 per album, per year and they get your album on iTunes, Amazon, etc ... from there you get sales reports every 3 months through them

Takes about 2 weeks for an album to be approved and to get your ISRC & UPC codes ... generally about a week after that or so they're available on those sites