Question about t-shirts

VENOM4188

Oct 17, 2003
GA, USA
Visit site
GLenn,
I know you have said you will not be printing more tshirts for this years festival but I would like to mention something. We got in the building at 4:35pm on Friday & the first place we went was to the tshirt/dvd table. I was lucky to buy a XXL shirt, but my Fiance and her 2 Twins were not able to buy small or medium shirts. Selling out of the shirts before the first band hits the stage just doesn't seem right to me. That was $66 dollars lost to you and the festival because there was not enough smaller size shirts for the females. This will be the first year a shirt is not purchased, kind of sad

I actually bumped up the number of S/Ms this year. The problem came when Therion, Angra, and Strat (band & crews equaling 10-15 each) wanted Mediums. T-shirts are the trickiest thing for me now. I don't think I will ever get it right. However, I will double the number of S/Ms next year.

Glenn H.

Yeah, I think the smalls and the XXLs are always the first ones to sell out on tours. The guy at the counter told me I got the last small shirt. :devil:

I've altered so many concert shirts that way. Tear out the side seams and stitch them in closer... it's a pain in the ass but the shirts look great afterwards. I'd still rather buy a size that fits me.

Harvester said:
I actually bumped up the number of S/Ms this year. The problem came when Therion, Angra, and Strat (band & crews equaling 10-15 each) wanted Mediums.

Tell those people to start working out more!

YardleyBates pointed out to me a girl who had made a short tank-top like dress out of a big PP (didn't see which year) T-shirt. It was actually very cool.

VENOM4188 said:
While I do appreciate the fact you will increase the number next year, that is not helping these 3 ladies out this year.

Frankly, there's nothing to be done at this point, so there's no need to be harsh when he's trying to make plans to be accomodating in the future.

And some day girls shirts! The shirts I bought in brazil have the full art work!
One of these years I'm going to wear a small as a dress just to prove a point! :loco:

If you need some one to look into it or find an affordable/cost affective way to get them, I will gladly volunteer.

Robin

What Glenn says is right, it is impossible to get the shirt sizes right, or bring the right amount of shirts. Maybe if more of us bought shirts AFTER PP, Glenn would be more inclined to have more made. After all, he doesn't want to get stuck with a shitload of shirts leftover, and shouldn't have to be worried about getting stuck with them.

VENOM4188 said:
GLenn,
I know you have said you will not be printing more tshirts for this years festival but I would like to mention something. We got in the building at 4:35pm on Friday & the first place we went was to the tshirt/dvd table. I was lucky to buy a XXL shirt, but my Fiance and her 2 Twins were not able to buy small or medium shirts. Selling out of the shirts before the first band hits the stage just doesn't seem right to me. That was $66 dollars lost to you and the festival because there was not enough smaller size shirts for the females. This will be the first year a shirt is not purchased, kind of sad

I don't know.....because there are sooooo many people at the festival who don't post at the forum, and I could only really see that causing confusion, and inevitably some people who "pre-ordered" wouldn't get the shirt they wanted and they would be upset.

VENOM4188 said:
While I do appreciate the fact you will increase the number next year, that is not helping these 3 ladies out this year.

To be fair, I don't think he could have predicted just how many girls would come to this years PP. PP has never had as many female fans as it had this year.

I was shocked when I got a small Conception shirt Saturday night. I knew I wanted one and just said to the guy at the booth "Can I get the smallest size you have?" Was thinking I'd be lucky to get a medium. I got a medium Orphaned Land shirt (as I don't like the size of the girl shirts), a large PPVI shirt at about 6:30 on Friday, and didn't spend a lot of money in the vendor's area because the shirt sizes were usually only XL. It's amazing that no one carries shirts that are larger than size 1 girls or smaller than XL guys.

That's a 'problem' I like to have, more ladies at PP :worship:

I had the same situation at my table, and will just double or triple the girlie shirts I bring next year. But damn, no Manticora thongs sold! Do I have to threaten to wear a Manticora thong before any will sell? I warn youses, it won't be pretty! :loco:

IronPlant said:
To be fair, I don't think he could have predicted just how many girls would come to this years PP. PP has never had as many female fans as it had this year.

I've stopped buying shirts if they're going to be too big. I have entirely too many shirts that I don't wear because they're big. I'm glad I was able to get a small Prog-Power VI shirt.

I have to apologize for the shirt size situation at my booth. The suppliers list every size known to man, but interestingly send ONLY XXL, or ONLY Medium etc. I can't tell you the number of times I get that runaround, BUT I will start ordering shirts next year RIGHT AFTER the lineup is listed, and will personally flog any supplier who doesn't get in line with the sizes, AND tell them they're getting a PP flogging well deserved :D

Jibrille said:
I was shocked when I got a small Conception shirt Saturday night. I knew I wanted one and just said to the guy at the booth "Can I get the smallest size you have?" Was thinking I'd be lucky to get a medium. I got a medium Orphaned Land shirt (as I don't like the size of the girl shirts), a large PPVI shirt at about 6:30 on Friday, and didn't spend a lot of money in the vendor's area because the shirt sizes were usually only XL. It's amazing that no one carries shirts that are larger than size 1 girls or smaller than XL guys.

Hell, if you folks have a problem with too-large shirts, just wash 'em and run them through the dryer a few times. :) That's my main complaint about shirts: most concert shirts shrink like hell. I bought an XL Blind Guardian T-shirt a few years back which is now a small size. Annoying.

I think the pre-ordering idea is a good one. Keep the pre-ordered ones in reserve until, say, halfway through the second day, then release the shirts which haven't been picked up yet to the general public. The people who pre-ordered are guaranteed their shirt if they pick it up promptly and the people who want a shirt near the end of the festival will still get theirs.

cheers,
Phil

Exploding Ned said:
But damn, no Manticora thongs sold! Do I have to threaten to wear a Manticora thong before any will sell? I warn youses, it won't be pretty! :loco:

I wanted to buy one of those so bad, but I didn't have an extra spending cash. I *WILL* get one soon! What's the URL of your webstore?

Tammy